Behringer PMP500 EuroPower Powered Mixer
Behringer EuroPower PMP500 Product Overview by GAK
The PMP500 from Behringer is a powered mixer with 2 x 250 watts of power.
Onboard you will find Behringer's Class-D technology alongside a switch mode power supply which work together to cool the unit.
There are 6 built in XENYX preamps, 4 stereo channels, a dual 24-bit Multi-FX processor and a fantastic 7 band stereo graphic EQ.
Behringer Product OverviewThe amazing PMP500 Powered Mixer packs tremendous power (2 x 250 Watts, selectable as stereo or dual mono), while maintaining an incredible power-to-weight ratio. These mixers employ high-efficiency Class-D technology and a state-of-the-art switch-mode power supply, which significantly reduces weight and heat. The 12-channel PMP500 features 6 high-quality mic preamps (2 of which also accept our ULM Digital Wireless Microphones, available separately), our “one-knob” compressors, 4 stereo channels, plus 2 additional stereo inputs and 1⁄8" Aux Input for the maximum in versatility. To round out this phenomenal feature set, we added a KLARK TEKNIK 24-bit Multi-FX processor with 32 awesome presets, including studio-class reverbs, delays, pitch shifter and various multi-effects with dual-addressable parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings – and a 7-band stereo graphic EQ with our proprietary FBQ Feedback Detection System – for the ultimate in feedback-free performance.
Thanks to our revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology, we are able to provide you with enormous power and incredible sonic performance in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplification makes all the difference, offering the ultimate in energy efficiency – and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and massive heat sinks. This amazing technology makes it possible to design and build extremely-powerful products that are significantly lighter in weight than their traditional counterparts, while using less energy and protecting the environment.
The powerful PMP500 gives you the choice of 2 x 250-Watt stereo (L/R), or 2 x 250-Watt dual mono (Main/Monitor) operation. Whether the center of attention happens to be a folk trio, a speech, or a synth-rock band with mind-boggling stereo patches, the PMP500 can accommodate with ease. This sonic versatility also makes it an excellent choice for churches, where vocals and stereo recordings often share face time.
KLARK TEKNIK is recognized worldwide as one of the most prestigious British audio companies, with a 40-year pedigree and even a TEC Lifetime Achievement Award to back it up. The Company has designed and manufactured products for world-class artists, and their legendary DN780 reverb processor is considered by leading audio engineers around the world as the industry standard. Check out their website to learn more about KLARK TEKNIK's legendary heritage. BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate custom-engineered KLARK TEKNIK effects into their products. Featuring 100 world-class presets to choose from including reverb, chorus, flange, delay, pitch shift and many other amazing effects, KLARK TEKNIK created the 24-bit, studio-grade effects engine for BEHRINGER – to give your performance that truly professional finishing touch.
For more than 20 years, BEHRINGER has designed and manufactured some of the most successful FBQ Feedback Elimination processors. Now you can own and enjoy the benefits of this technology, as we have integrated the revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System into this product, so your sound system is completely feedback-free, allowing you to focus on your performance. Utilizing an ultra-fast feedback detection system, this ingenious circuitry helps you recognize and tame feedback frequencies immediately. When feedback is sensed in a specific frequency range, the LED on the associated EQ fader illuminates, showing you at a glance which fader to lower to overcome the feedback. That simple!
- When you need superior sound quality for small club gigs, churches or speeches, but want to keep the outboard gear to a minimum, get ready to love the new PMP500 powered mixer. This 500-Watt, 12-channel all-in-one combines the features of our best-selling small-format mixers with freshly-designed FX processors from KLARK TEKNIK FX and Class-D amplifier technology-virtually everything you need for great sound in an easy-to-use, portable desk-top form factor.
- Massive Power Ultra Lightweight - Most powered mixers in this class tease you with maybe 100 or 200-Watts of output power. Not this bad boy-it comes armed with 500 Watts of the cleanest output you'll find anywhere! Our revolutionary Class-D amplifier and Switch-Mode Power Supply technologies keep the weight down by eliminating the heavy transformers and massive heat sinks found in traditional amps.
- Top-of-the-Line KLARK TEKNIK Effects - Our sister company, KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their high-end signal processors, provided PMP's FX engines, which feature some of the best-sounding studio-grade presets in the industry.
- Make a Good First Compression - Our "one-knob" compressors are available on all mono channels and are super-easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity-just like the pros.
- Stop Feedback Dead in its Tracks - Every PMP Series powered mixer features our FBQ Feedback Detection System. Fast, dependable, and super-easy to use, just press the FBQ In switch and the graphic EQ sliders light up showing which frequencies are causing the problem. With BEHRINGER FBQ, you can say goodbye to feedback forever!
- Wireless-Ready Performance - This new PMP500 mixer comes ready for wireless performance right-out-of-the-box. Just add our ULTRALINK ULM100USB system (sold separately), which comes with a high quality 2.4 GHz wireless mic and a super small receiver that plugs into a dedicated USB-style port on the mixer.
- Small, Simple, Superb - Small, simple events call for a lightweight, simple powered mixer, and these are the most efficient, affordable mixers for the job. They're easy to learn and operate, plus with so many incredible built-in features, they make it easy to put on a show in an instant.
- Ultra-compact 2 x 250-Watt stereo powered mixer
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Ultra-high quality KLARK TEKNIK FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies for easy feedback removal
- "Wireless-ready" for high-quality BEHRINGER digital wireless system (not included)
- 12-channel mixer section features 4 mono and 4 stereo channels, 2 additional stereo inputs plus separate Aux input
- 6 high-quality mic preamps with switchable 48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Effective, extremely musical 3-band EQ, switchable Low cut filter and Clip LEDs on all mono channels
- Stereo 7-band graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor or main outputs
- Selectable stereo (main L/R), double mono (main/monitor) amplifier operation
- Adjustable Aux input for connecting external signal sources
- Standby switch mutes all mic channels during breaks while background music is provided via Aux input
- Internal switch-mode power supply, noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany