Behringer P16-I PowerPlay 16 Channel Input Module
Behringer Product Overview
The POWERPLAY P16 system is the easy and affordable way to give live or recording musicians/vocalists what they really want – “more me!” Part of the P16 Personal Monitoring System, the P16-I input module can be used with any analog source, and convert up to 16 analog inputs into 24-bit digital audio to send to your P16-M Personal Monitoring Mixers. The P16-I is also equipped with ADAT optical inputs that auto-detect and give priority to incoming signals.
Fast and easy to set up, a basic system can be installed and configured in a matter of minutes – and the system can be expanded to adapt to changing needs. The POWERPLAY P16 Personal Monitoring System puts total control of the monitor mix into the artist’s hands, and when they can hear exactly what they want and need to hear – their best performance is unleashed!
The P16-I includes a 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical input with auto detect and priority select for use with our existing ADAT equipment. Additionally, 16 balanced, high-headroom TRS audio inputs can be employed to send audio from analog outputs to your P16-Ms. You can choose from 4 gain positions per channel via a convenient onboard switch, and visually monitor by means of the status LEDs on each channel. Sample rates of 44.1 or 48 kHz are supported by the digital inputs, providing ultra-low latency of less than 1 millisecond. Standard Cat 5e cabling delivers power and signals for up to 6 P16-M Personal Monitoring Mixers, or you can use the included external supplies with each P16-M. Plus, the P16-I features an internal auto-ranging power supply for maximum flexibility (100 – 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption.
The world-renowned engineers at KLARK TEKNIK, MIDAS, TURBOSOUND and BEHRINGER have all come together to create something truly innovative that will change live and studio workfl ow forever – ULTRANET. This revolutionary technology seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single CAT5 cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Advantages realized through ULTRANET digital networking, versus traditional analog methods: audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated; and ease of setup translates directly into significant time saved during installation. ULTRANET effectuates a powerful digital eco-system that gives you unparalleled control over every element of your audio production environment from one convenient location.
A basic installation consists of one P16-I Input Module, which connects to the main mixing console and up to six P16-M Personal Mixers, creating a system big enough to equip a typical recording studio, small to medium-sized band or worship team. You’ll also need a few standard audio and Cat 5e cables. The optional P16-MB mounting bracket allows the P16-M Digital Personal Mixer to be attached to any standard microphone, music or drum stand. As many as six P16-D Digital ULTRANET Distributors can be added to your system to accommodate up to forty-eight P16-M Personal Mixers.
- Converts 16 analog inputs into 24-bit digital audio to be transmitted via standard CAT5e cable
- 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical inputs with auto detect and priority select
- 16 balanced, high-headroom TRS audio inputs
- State-of-the-art 24-bit A/D converters for premium audio quality
- 4-position gain switches per channel pair (-10, 0, 4, 22 dB)
- Digital inputs support 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rates
- Ultra-low system latency of less than 1 millisecond
- Signal Present and Clip LEDs per channel plus ADAT status LEDs
- Standard CAT5e connection delivers power and signals for up to 6 Personal Mixers
- ULTRANET expansion network connector (RJ45)
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Extremely rugged construction ensures long life even under the most demanding conditions
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany