Behringer S32 I/O Box
Behringer S32 I/O Box Product Overview by GAK
The S32 digital stage box from Behringer, providing you will 32 remote controllable Midas preamps and 16 analog XLR returns.
The unit utilises Klark Teknik's SuperMac technology which allows all 32 preamps and 16 XLR returns to travel through a single Cat 5e cable.
To quote Behringer, the unit is "Built like a tank" so expect it to last you for the foreseeable future!
Behringer Product OverviewDigital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. The ultra-affordable S32 digital stage box bridges the gap between the onstage talent, Front of House (FOH) console and the rest of the world with its ultra-fast and rock-solid performance!
The S32 provides 32 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 328 ft / 100 m). While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the AES50 SuperMAC technology that made it all possible – our superb scale of production makes the S32 so very affordable.
BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate a MIDAS designed mic preamp for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments.
“When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S32 Stage Boxes can be connected via the mixer’s built-in dual AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 64 remote mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 16 individual monitor mixes via CAT5 to every musician on stage. When 32 inputs are not enough, an S32 Stage Box may also be cascaded with an S16 or SD16 for full use of the 48-channel bidirectional capacity of AES50 SuperMAC networking on just one CAT5 line. We also included 2 optical ADAT outputs and two AES-3 (AES/EBU) stereo outputs for digitally connecting to outboard devices, such as PA system controllers. The S32 also features a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – plus MIDI I/O for your lighting systems and sound module control.”
The S32 was initially designed with our flagship X32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap directly into the S32’s powerful feature set. For instance, an S32 and X32 CORE can be used to create an amazing power-combo for remote-controlled digital mixing in only 4U. While the X32 CORE may be used to run an independent monitor mix, it can also relay and share all I/O with the FOH – whether you are using an X32 Series console, or any other digital mixer that supports MADI, Dante, ADAT or AES50 I/O. We off er very reasonably priced option cards to replace the standard 32 x 32 channel USB interface for exactly that purpose. You can even choose to run the complete show from the stage rack’s X32 CORE via our remote control apps. And since the S32 and X32 CORE communicate via AES50, they don’t even have to live in the same physical rack, but can be separated by up to 100 m (328') of CAT5 cabling, if that is more convenient for your venue.
- 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- ULTRANET Connectivity for BEHRINGER's P16 personal monitoring system for in-ear applications
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Automatic AES50 stage-split mode when connected between BEHRINGER X32 Series FOH and monitor consoles
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- 2 AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Mute All function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between BEHRINGER X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.