Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer
Overview by GAK
The Behringer TD-3 gives you the analogue sound that helped launch Acid House and EDM, for a fraction of the cost of a vintage 303. It looks like the real deal and, thanks to the painstakingly matched transistors and circuity, sounds like it too. Not only does it precisely replicate the fat, rubbery sound that’s featured on so many classics - the TD-3 takes it to the next level by adding an analog distortion circuit (a common 303 modification) and modern connectivity (CV, USB and MIDI) that lets you sync and control the TD-3 with external hardware.
An Icon, Updated
Like the 303, the TD-3 has a pure analogue signal path and uses an authentic VCO, VCA and VCF filter. The squelch and chirp of the original’s filter is responsible for a huge part of its distinctive character and it’s been faithfully replicated in the TD-3. It’s beautifully simple nature means it has a massive sweet spot, it’s hard to get a bad sound out of it!
An Inspiring Machine
Behringer’s TD-3 wouldn’t be a proper 303 without inspirational performance features and it has those in spades. The TD-3 is capable of an assortment of spicy rhythms that’ll get the ravers moving, thanks to its sixteen-step sequencer that has seven individual tracks and a whopping two-hundred and fifty user patterns per track. Using Behringer’s Synth Tool desktop app, you can connect the TD-3 via USB and create/edit patterns before importing them back in. There’s also a fun onboard arpeggiator if you’re looking for some instant gratification.
With its knob-per-function control layout, you can intuitively tweak and adjust the sound of the TD-3 whilst your sequencers and arps are playing.
Unleash Your Inner Raver
Overview by Behringer
Reinventing A Legend
Only produced from 1981 to 1984, the Roland TB-303 was a tremendous commercial flop as a replacement for the bass guitar, however, it soon found its place as one of the most-loved synthesizers for what became known as Electronic Dance Music (EDM). An ultra-affordable and faithful homage to the iconic synthesizer that spawned house music, plus an all-new Distortion circuit, the TD-3 lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its pure analog signal path, 16-step Sequencer and authentic VCO, VCF and VCA filters, the TD-3 is sure to become one of your favorite synthesizers.
Pure Analog Signal Path
Great care has been taken in engineering the TD-3, including the true to the original VCO, VCF and VCA designs and pure analog circuitry with matched transistors. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives TD-3 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Rock Right Out of the Box!
Your TD-3-SR comes ready to rock, thanks to its default signal routing that doesn’t require lifting a single patch cable to instantly create amazing sounds. The highly-intuitive layout lets you easily tap into the inspired sounds of 1980s and ’90s progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music tracks that made rock and roll history – or to design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
- Amazing Bass Line synthesizer with true analog circuitry for bass and groove sounds
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Sawtooth and square waveform VCO with transistor wave-shaping circuitry
- Amazing 4-pole low-pass resonant filter with cut-off, resonance, envelope, decay and accent controls
- Easy-to-use 16-step sequencer with 7 tracks, each with 250 user patterns
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Distortion circuitry modelled after the DS-1* adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- 11 controls and 28 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Italy
No upgrades available
Fantastic and prompt delivery
Lovely bit of kit