Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC100
Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC100 Product Overview by GAK
Combining an excellent price point, with superb tube circuitry, the MIC100 is a preamplifier that should be taken very seriously. Combined with an impressive limiter and an LED level meter, you need look no further for than the MIC100.
Constructed of a folded steel case, the MIC100 has both a balanced XLR mic input and an unbalanced, high-impedance input to suit guitars and basses with either passive or active pickups.
Also on the unit you will find 20dB pad, phase inversion and switchable 48V phantom power.
Behringer Product Overview
Tubes can really warm up a signal fast, giving it depth and character. Though transistors have succeeded the technology, many musicians agree that tubes deliver a far superior sound. The TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC100’s hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube gives everything from microphones to acoustic or bass guitars that vintage tube vibe – in a dependable and highly-affordable package.
The MIC100 is perfect for studio and live applications. The balanced ¼" TRS and gold-plated XLR inputs and outputs give you maximum flexibility in either scenario. It derives its personality from a hand-selected 12AX7 tube with UTC technology for superior tube character and low-noise operation. The MIC100 is ideally-suited for use with standard digital recorders and sound cards, imbuing signals with the warmth, presence and classic tube-compression that will bring your digital tracks to life.
The incredible MIC100’s controls consist of: switches for +48 V phantom power 20 dB pad, Phase Reverse and Limiter; plus vintage-style Gain and Output knobs. An 8-segment LED meter provides accurate monitoring of output levels. And when used as a high-end DI (Direct Injection) box in the studio or on the stage, the MIC100 delivers flawless performance and outstanding signal integrity.
The MIC100 gives you the sound quality of a vintage tube preamp and high-end DI box all-in-one – at a mere fraction of what a true relic of the 1960s would cost. At a price this low, you owe it to yourself to find out where the MIC100’s real tube tone can take your sound.
- High-end tube mic/line preamplifier for studio, live, and hard disk recording applications
- Hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube with UTC technology for exceptional warmth and lowest noise
- The ultimate sound-enhancing tool for virtually any sound source
- Perfectly complements studio-grade condenser mics
- Usage as a high-end DI-box ensures outstanding signal integrity
- Eliminates the "dull" sound of standard digital recorders and sound cards
- Dynamic limiter effectively protects your equipment from overload
- Phase reverse switch, 48V phantom power and 20dB pad for utmost flexibility
- Balanced inputs and ouputs on 1/4'' TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Highly accurate 8-segment LED level meter
- Extremely wide-range input gain and output level adjustment