Behringer UFO202 U-Phono USB Audio Interface
Behringer UFO202 Product Overview by GAK
If you're looking to digitise your record collection, the UFO202 could well be the perfect tool for you. You can transfer and restore your favourite vinyl via a simple plug and play USB connection.
Onboard there is a switchable Line/Phono preamp and digital converter, allowing you to remove unwanted vinyl hiss, scratches and pops.
You will also find RCA outputs on the unit, allowing you to connect to UFO202 to your home stereo system or speakers.
Behringer Product Overview
But, if you do, and you love them as much as we do, you’re also going to love the amazing UFO202 – the simple and affordable way to get your vinyl records and tapes into the digital realm. The U-PHONO UFO202 is supremely-easy to use and comes with a bevy of professional software that, not only converts your favorite recordings into a computer-based music library – but removes the scratches and pops so common to vinyl media. State-of-the-art, switchable Line/Phono preamps and digital converters ensure the utmost in sound quality, making the U-PHONO UFO202 Audio Interface a must-have for every audiophile.
The UFO202 boasts an impressive set of features for its micro size. Use the UFO202’s RCA Inputs and Outputs to connect your computer and your mixing console, tape deck, keyboard, sound modules and active monitors, to just name a few of the myriad options. Additionally, when you connect the UFO202’s outputs to your mixer’s input channels, you gain access to EQ, Aux Sends and much more – allowing you to build extremely-versatile monitor mixes for your recording sessions.
You take your tracks seriously, and the UFO202 respects them too, providing 48 kHz resolution, for the amazingly-detailed and pristine recording quality your music deserves.
The UFO202 features a stereo input for connecting turntables or any line-level device (such as a mixer or tape deck), plus a stereo analog output for connecting active speakers or studio monitors. You can also connect electronic instruments with RCA connections, such as keyboards, sound modules, and drum machines directly to your computer for recording. The Volume control allows you to set the level of the stereo headphones.
Because you’ll want to take full advantage of the UM2’s recording and podcasting potential, we’ve included all the software you’ll need for audio recording, editing and even podcasting – all free of charge and downloadable from behringer.com. You’ll be ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! We’ve also provided a free download of more than 150 virtual instruments and FX plug-ins – turning your computer into a powerful home-based or mobile recording studio from input to output.
- High-quality USB audio interface connects your turntable, cassette player, etc. with your computer for recording and playback
- Transfer and restore your valuable vinyl records and tapes to your computer via a simple USB connection
- Massive software bundle includes Audacity vinyl restoration, noise-reduction, editing and recording software, comprehensive podcasting software and over 150 virtual instruments and effect plug-ins
- Revolutionary energyXT2 Compact music production software included with feature-rich audio/MIDI sequencer that loads almost instantaneously on all computer platforms
- Phono input switchable to line input source
- Stereo output allows easy connection and playback of computer audio files over your home sound system
- High-resolution 48 kHz converters for high-end audio quality
- Stereo Headphone output with dedicated Level control lets you monitor your input source
- Works with your PC or Mac computer-no setup or drivers required
- Powered via USB-no external power supply needed
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- EnergyXT 2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition included
No upgrades available
Does a good job. I’ve not analysed sound quality but it seems fine
- Value for money? Excellent! - Sound quality? Good, but then can't expect more at this price point. - Build quality? Good, same as above. - Ease of setup? 1, 2.... ready! Easiest thing ever! Insert and its ready. ONE very important thing to note! This has a preamp that is not controlled and thus the input is easily clipped. I discovered that with mid gain from the source will clip it. I had to lower the gain of Mics on the mixing desk to about 25% I know its not a professional level equipment for a mixer (some would argue) but needed something in my hands within 2 days! Satisfied.
Does exactly what it's suppose to
does what it says
OK so far.