Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro
Behringer Product Overview
The DEQ2496 is a high-precision digital 24-bit/ 96 kHz EQ/RTA mastering processor, ideal for sophisticated live sound trouble-shooting or audiophile mastering. Whether you’re putting the finishing touches on recorded material or creating an optimal live sound for a multi-way PA, the DEQ2496 is built to provide meticulous control.
You can have it all with the DEQ2496. How about automatic FFT analysis with Auto EQ? We added that too. The DEQ2496 is a whole rack of ultra-flexible equalization options, dynamics and time-correction solutions, all designed to optimize your rig’s sound quality like no other single piece of processing gear. Consider the DEQ2496 your audio engineer’s Swiss Army Knife – here are a just few examples: Dual 31-band Graphic Equalizers (stereo linkable) Dual 31-band Virtual Paragraphic Equalizers (stereo linkable) Dual 10-band Parametric EQ’s per stereo side Dynamically-activated EQ Feedback Destroyer with Learning Mode Stereo Imager Compressor/Expander Limiter Digital Delay RTA/SPL/FFT Analyzer with Auto EQ function.
Dynamic EQ (DEQ) automatically raises or lowers a defined frequency range based on volume level. It’s literally a combination of an equalizer (with frequency center and bandwidth controls) and a dynamics processor (with Attack, Release, Threshold and Ratio parameters). DEQ opens up a world of both creative mastering and PA problem solving possibilities. We’ve given you total control with multiple filter types including bandpass mode. And of course you can store DEQ settings for recall at any time manually or via MIDI.
With the digital capabilities we’ve just listed, it’s easy to see why we were able to include a highly-effective Feedback Destroyer (FBQ) feature – it’s essentially a dynamically-activated parametric EQ that “watches” the whole frequency spectrum in 1∕60-octave bands and then instantly identifies and notches out feedback. FBQ can be run in AUTO mode, or in Single mode. We’ve also included a Learn mode that generates short audio pulses, raises their gain until feedback occurs, and then locks onto feedback-prone frequencies. For more than 20 years, we have made some of the world’s most acclaimed FBQ Feedback Elimination processors. Now you get this revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System in every DEQ2496, so your sound system is always completely free from feedback. Utilizing an ultra-fast detection system, this ingenious circuitry helps you recognize and tame feedback frequencies immediately. LEDs on the associated EQ frequency-band fader illuminates, showing you at a glance which fader to lower to overcome the feedback – it doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Ultra high-resolution processor for all EQ, RTA and dynamic applications, especially for PA and audiophile mastering
- 4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer plus three Dynamic EQs per stereo channel)
- Flexible Compressor/Expander function with Peak Limiter per stereo channel as well as additional Stereo Imager and Stereo Delay for delay line applications
- Unique VPQ (Virtual Paragraphic EQ) option allows parametric control of graphic EQs
- Ultra high-resolution 61-band real-time FFT Analyzer with additional auto EQ function for room and loudspeaker equalization
- Multi-functional level meters (peak/RMS, VU and SPL meter with dBA/dBC weighting via RTA mic input)
- 64 user memories for complete setups and/or individual module configurations
- Separate RTA mic/line input with phantom power, professional wordclock input and MIDI connections for full remote control, preset dumps and system updates
- Ultra high-quality AKM® 24-bit/96 kHz A/D- and D/A converters (113 dB dynamic range)
- Open architecture allowing future software updates via MIDI
- Two high-performance 32/40-bit floating-point SHARC® digital signal processors for ultimate sonic resolution
- Balanced inputs and servo-balanced outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, stereo aux output, AES/EBU and S/PDIF inputs and outputs (XLR and optical)
- Internal switch-mode power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response and lowest possible power consumption
- Designed in Germany. Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year