Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200
Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200 Product Overview by GAK
A true audiophile 2 channel preamp, the MIC2200 is perfect for both microphone and line level sources.
Onboard you will find the hand selected 12AX7 vacuum tube, delivering vintage tube tone. There is also ultra-wide bandwidth, fully parametric EQs and accurate 12-segment LED metering.
The MIC2200 gives you the high quality retro sound of a 2-channel vintage tube preamp and a DI box in one.
Behringer Product Overview
Tubes can really warm up a signal fast, giving it increased depth and character. Though transistors have succeeded the technology, many musicians agree that tubes deliver a far superior sound. A true audiophile 2-channel Mic/Line preamplifier, the ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200’s hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube gives everything from microphones to acoustic or bass guitars that vintage tube vibe in a dependable and highly-affordable package. The onboard fully parametric EQs provide unparalleled tonal characteristics, allowing you to sculpt instrument and vocal sounds with the ultimate precision and musicality.
The MIC2200 is perfect for studio and live applications. The balanced ¼ " TRS and gold-plated XLR inputs and outputs give you maximum flexibility in either scenario. It derives its personality from a hand-selected 12AX7 tube with for superior tube character and low-noise operation. The MIC2200 is ideally-suited for use with standard digital recorders and sound cards, imbuing signals with the warmth, presence and classic tube-compression that will bring your digital tracks to life.
The incredible MIC2200’s controls consist of: switches for +48 V phantom power, Phase Reverse, Lo Cut, EQ Frequency range and EQ In/Out; plus Mic Gain, Lo Cut Frequency, Octave Bandwidth, Level and Output knobs. A 12-segment LED meter provides accurate monitoring of output levels. And when used as a high-end DI (Direct Injection) box in the studio or on the stage, the MIC2200 delivers flawless performance and outstanding signal integrity. For further tone conditioning, the MIC2200 features a fully parametric EQ with adjustable center Frequency, Bandwidth and Level per channel. Both channels also feature independent phase reverse switches for maximum versatility.
The ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200 gives you the sound quality of a 2-channel vintage tube preamp and high-end DI box all-in-one – at a mere fraction of what a true relic of the 1960s would cost. At a price this low, you owe it to yourself to find out where the MIC2200’s real tube tone can take your sound.
- Extremely low-noise, high-end, discrete microphone/line preamp
- Integrated high-quality 12AX7 vacuum tube
- Microphone input stages based on ultralow-noise 2SA1084 transistor pairs
- Extreme bandwidth from 2Hz to 300kHz
- Two additional high-end parametric EQs
- Independent level conversion from home to professional level (-10dBV/ 4dBu)
- Super low-noise 4580 operational amplifiers
- Extremely flexible DI box function
- Soft mute 48V phantom power
- Fully sweepable, switchable high-pass filter (12dB/octave)
- Phase reverse button
- Precise twelve-segment output level display
- Servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors
- Professional-quality potentiometers and illuminated switches
- Manufactured under ISO 9000 certified management system
No upgrades available
Behringer creates good quality affordable gear at unbeatable prices. There’s nothing to dislike about this great piece of kit ????
Works as it should as both a pre-amplifier and phantom power
Great product and does what you would expect.