Behringer X AIR XR18 Digital Mixer
Behringer X AIR XR18 Overview by GAK
The X Air XR18 from Behringer is the perfect digital mixing solution for iPad and Android tablet users, with its 18 channels and 12 bus channels.
Onboard there are 16 Programmable MIDAS preamps, Behringer's award winning X32 effects rack, a 100 band Real time analyzer as well as EQ's on each channel and bus channel.
The mixer can be used for both live and studio situations and the Wifi connectivity makes it ideal for tablet use.
Behringer Product Overview
The Behringer X AIR XR18 is an 18-Channel, 12-Bus Digital Mixer designed for use with your iPad/ Android Tablet. Featuring an integrated Wifi Module plus an integrated Multi-channel USB Audio Interface, the Behringer X AIR XR18 is a must-have for those that wish to Mix live music using their computer tablets simply and professionally. Other features of the Behring X AIR XR18 include 16 Programmable MIDAS Preamps, Award-winning X32 effects rack and 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ's.
The Behringer X32 completely changed the game by rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and over 100,000 users are enjoying the results. Now, that same technology has been incorporated into a small, but incredibly powerful, rack-mountable mixer that will forever change both the way you record – and the way you play live music. The revolutionary XR18 is a powerhouse 18 input/12 bus portable mixer housed in an extremely sturdy stage box design for use with iPad and Android tablets. It is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 16 award-winning Midas -designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control – and a lightning-fast, bidirectional USB Audio Interface.
- iPad*/Android* tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation-no need for external routers
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- Revolutionary Dugan* Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing (future firmware)
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ's
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System*
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac*/ Linux* apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control* protocol) or for use as a USB MIDI interface
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards. MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry's best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of award-winning audio quality. BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed mic preamps for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS' amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website. Designed for the ultimate in mobility, the XR18 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixer's functions - without the need to setup and configure an external router. The XR18 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist's perspective - or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets. Access Point is the easiest way to connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently (i.e., iPad, Android smartphone/tablet or laptop). This mode should have your remote control up and running in less than a minute. Wifi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected. Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wifi router, e.g., for extended range or 5 GHz applications. The incredibly fast and comprehensive 18 x 18 channel, bi-directional USB interface makes the XR18 an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution for recording directly to your iPad or PC. Dial in the perfect monitoring mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending up to 16 microphone signals - and the keyboard player's MIDI notes to your DAW for recording. Whether you're making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances - it's never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.