Behringer X1204USB Xenyx 12 Input USB Analogue Mixer
Behringer Xenyx X1204USB Product Overview by GAK
The Xenyx 1204USB is an analog mixer from Behringer, giving you up to 8 channels audio.
With four high grade Xenyx microphone preamps, British channel EQs and four studio compressors.
Onboard you will find a stereo USB/Audio Interface which allows you to connect the mixer directly to your computer.
You will also receive Behringer's audio software with the mixer, including 150 instrument and effects plug-ins.
Behringer Product OverviewThe compact X1204USB mixer allows you to effortlessly achieve premium-quality sound, thanks to 4 onboard studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamps and ultra-musical “British” channel EQs. And our easy-to-use “one-knob” compressors provide total dynamic control for the ultimate in punch and clarity, while respecting all the power and emotion you pack into every note. Add to this our 24-bit, dual engine Multi-FX processor with 16 editable, professional-grade presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects – and the X1204USB becomes an incredibly versatile mixer for your live performances.
But the X1204USB wasn’t just designed to handle your live gigs; it also provides the state-of-the-art tools you need to make stunning, professional-quality recordings. Along with a built-in USB/audio interface, the XENYX X1204USB comes with all the recording and editing software needed to turn your computer into a complete, high-performance home recording studio.
All XENYX mixers have one thing in common – great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, XENYX mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favourite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs find challenging. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class – but standard on the XENYX X1204USB mixer.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 4 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- New studio-grade FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and ultra-low latency driver included
- Revolutionary energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition music production software included with feature-rich audio/MIDI sequencer that loads almost instantaneously on all computer platforms
- 2 aux sends per channel: 1 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 1 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute/alt 3-4, solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 2 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility
- 2 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Balanced main mix outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors plus separate control room, headphones and 2-track outputs
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Rack mount brackets included for ultimate flexibility
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Great value for money small mixer, with balanced main outputs, two aux outs plus alt outs. Compressors on the 4 mic inputs
Awesome bit of kit!
Nice reasonably priced mixer, easy to use. Would suggest to anyone starting to build their own home studio