Behringer XENYX Q802USB
Behringer XENYX Q802USB Product Overview by GAK
The Xenyx Q802USB is an ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer from Behringer. It features two vintage sounding XENYX mic preamps.
The onboard studio compressors feature Behringer's "one knob" technology, making it super easy to control the sound of your voice or instruments. You will also find "British" 3 band EQs which add a warm, analog sound to your recordings.
Completely plug and play thanks to its built-in stereo usb/audio interface, you can connect it directly to a computer.
Behringer Product OverviewEnsure your live sound system has the bass it needs with the Behringer Eurolive VQ1800D powered subwoofer. The 500-watt Class-D power amp delivers deep bass through a single 18" woofer. A built-in stereo crossover lets you optimize the sound between your subwoofer and main speakers for maximum punch. Sweetwater knows that gigging gear can take a beating, and the VQ1800D's rugged exterior and metal grill ensure long life and survivability. Bring chest-pounding bass to your live rig with the Behringer Eurolive VQ1800D powered subwoofer.
The XENYX Q802USB gets its name from our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the XENYX Q802USB provides such transparent, crystal- clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs find challenging. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class – but standard on the XENYX Q802USB mixer.
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on your XENYX Q802USB mixer is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
- With millions of loyal and happy customers, BEHRINGER XENYX mixers stand alone at the top of their class. Armed with premium microphone preamps and robust feature sets typically reserved for more expensive consoles, next-generation XENYX Q Series USB mixers can handle your live gigs and provide the state-of-the-art tools to make stunning, professional-quality recordings. Select models feature dedicated, "wireless-ready" integration for our new ULM Series USB microphones, making them the first of their kind in the industry. Along with their built-in USB/audio interfaces, "one-knob" mono channel compressors and KLARK TEKNIK FX engines (available on select models), XENYX Q Series USB mixers come with all the recording and editing software you'll need to turn your computer into a complete, high-performance recording studio.
- Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous - dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate sound techs have difficulty mastering. Our "one-knob" compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. Our "one-knob" compressors come standard on each and every XENYX Q Series USB mixer.
- All XENYX mixers have one thing in common; great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic preamps are a tremendous step in the evolution of audio technology- and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to expensive, boutique-style mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. As a result, XENYX mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance that you just might think someone upgraded your microphones while you weren't looking.
- The British consoles of the 1960s and '70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
- There was a time when the recording process called for lots of specialized gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio-and that time was expensive! But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. But how do you get all that music flying around your brain into a computer? That's where XENYX Q Series mixers come in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive. Which brings us to software"¦
- Because you'll want to take full advantage of your XENYX QX Series mixers' recording and podcasting potential, we've put together a massive software download at www.behringer. com that includes Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You're ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio.
- The 8-input, 2-bus XENYX Q802USB has two phantom-powered XENYX mic preamps, making it possible to use up to two dynamic and/or studio-grade condenser mics. Onboard 3-band British EQ makes it easy to fine-tune any input signal and is available on both the mic and stereo channels. Another feature exclusive to the Q802USB is an FX Send control per channel, allowing you to use an external effects processor to add the finishing touch to your performance or recording. RCA CD/Tape I/O comes standard on all XENYX mixers.
- No matter what your audio mixing needs are, BEHRINGER QX Series USB mixers provide the performance and features to take your talent to the next level, at a price sure to amaze you. Try one on today-we've got one in your size!
- Tracktion is one of the world's fastest and easiest Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) for composing, recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world. Featuring a single-screen interface, and pushing the envelope in design elegance, Tracktion brings together outstanding Pro DAW features, such as dynamic automation, unlimited track count, MIDI recording and support for VST and AU plug-ins. This powerful music production software gives you all the tools of an entire professional-grade recording studio. Learning a DAW has never been easier, thanks to their vast and readily available library of resources. As our way of saying "Thank You", when you register your (insert the product name) at behringer.com, we'll reward you with a complimentary download code for the full version of Tracktion 4. Recording and editing couldn't be easier. To learn more about Tracktion, visit http://www.tracktion.com/support/videos.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 2 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices