Behringer UFX1204 Xenyx 12 Input Analogue Mixer
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Behringer Product Overview
The incredible XENYX UFX1204 is one of the best-sounding 12-Input, 4-Bus compact live-sound mixers you’ve ever heard, thanks to 4 premium-grade XENYX Mic Preamps, “oneknob” Compressors, 3-band mono-channel British EQs with sweepable Mid band – and a world-class, 24-bit Multi-FX processor. But the XENYX UFX1204 is light-years beyond the average live-performance mixer; it also provides the state-of-the-art tools you need to make stunning, professional-quality recordings.
Along with a built-in 16 x 4 USB/FireWire audio interface, the UFX1204 comes with a download license for the legendary, and easy to use Tracktion 4 Music Production Software – a suite that will instantly turn your computer system into your very own personal, high-performance home recording studio. Plus, you can use the UFX1204’s built-in 16-Track USB-Recorder to record your next live gig (or session) directly to a USB stick – or your PC/Mac computer. Additionally, the UFX1204’s transport section can even function as remote control for your computer-based DAW via its convenient, onboard MIDI capability.The UFX1204 mixer makes it easy to capture your live performances or home recording sessions. Just plug a USB stick into the rear panel, hit the record button on the 16-track recorder control interface – then relax and enjoy the show. When you get home from the gig, you can even control your compatible computer-based DAW using the UFX1204’s transport via MIDI.
The XENYX UFX1204 gets its name from our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps off er a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the XENYX UFX1204 provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favourite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs find challenging. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class – but standard on the XENYX UFX1204 mixer.
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on your UFX1204 mixer is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
Mono channels on the UFX1204 benefit from our highly musical “British” 3-band EQ with semi-parametric Mid controls, allowing you to dial in the ideal frequency centers and boost or cut by as much as 15 dB – for incredibly-accurate tonal optimization. All mic channels also feature individually-switchable, true +48 V phantom power, so you can use top-of-the-line studio condenser microphones – a feature virtually unheard of on a mixer in this class!
- Boasting a stellar feature set that includes our premium-grade XENYX mic preamps, "one-knob" compressors, British EQs and 24-bit onboard FX, BEHRINGER UFX Series mixers are some of the best-sounding compact mixers you've ever heard. They are light-years beyond your average mixer, thanks to their built-in 16 x 4 USB/FireWire Interface and 16-Track USB-Recorder. Imagine being able to record your next live gig directly to a USB stick or your PC/Mac computer-and the UFX's transport section can even function as a remote control center for your computer-based DAW via MIDI.
- Extreme Versatility - From input to output, BEHRINGER UFX Series mixers are all about functionality, ease of use and ultimate versatility. Mono channels feature our legendary XENYX mic preamps, praised the world over by professional audio engineers for their sonic clarity and high-headroom performance. Mono channels accept both balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS, as well as unbalanced 1/4" TS connections. A Line/Hi-Z switch is also provided on channels 1 & 2 so you can connect acoustic, electric and bass guitars without the need for an external DI box.
- Built-in 16-Track Recorder - UFX Series mixers make it easy to capture your live performances or home recording sessions. Just plug a USB stick into the rear panel, hit the record button on the 16-track recorder control interface-then relax and enjoy the show. When you get home from the gig, you can even use control any compatible computer based DAW directly from your UFX mixer via MIDI.
- British EQ - The British consoles of the 1960s and '70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
- Mono channels on the UFX1204 benefit from our highly musical "British" 3-band EQ with semi-parametric Mid control, allowing you to dial in the frequency center and boost or cut by as much as 15 dB. Channel EQ on the UFX1604 is an expanded 4-band version with sweepable Hi and Low Mids, providing even more tonal optimization. Both models feature individually switchable, true 48 V phantom power on all mono channels so you can use top-of-the-line studio condenser microphones-a feature virtually unheard of on a mixer in this class!
- Stereo channels support balanced and unbalanced 1/4" Line connections and our 4-band "British" EQs are provided for tonal adjustment. All channels feature 4 Aux Sends, switchable Pre/Post FireWire Sends, Mute/Alt 3-4 functionality and super-smooth, long-wearing 100 mm logarithmic-taper faders (UFX1204 only for MAIN MIX fader, channel faders are 60 mm).
- What's a Compressor? - Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous - dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs have difficulty mastering. Our "one-knob" compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. Our "one-knob" compressors come standard on each and every XENYX QX Series USB mixer.
- FX and Functionality - We gave the UFX1204 a very high-end stereo FX processor with 16 editable presets that include reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, phaser, multi-effects and Tap function for the ultimate in live performance enhancement. And because you can never have too much of a good thing, we armed the UFX1604 with not one, but two of these powerful effects engines for even more versatility.
- Add to this an extensive Talkback section with onboard Mic; mono channel Inserts; up to 4 stereo Aux Returns; a plethora of output options; plus free software downloads and more-and you've got the incredible new XENYX UFX Series mixers from BEHRINGER!
- Compose. Record. Mix. Share - TRACKTION 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so we're including it free of charge with select BEHRINGER products. This powerful, yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything you've seen before, putting everything you'll need on your desktop, on a single-screen - without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACKTION doesn't limit the number of tracks you can record, or the number of effects you can use. In fact, the only limitation is your Mac or PC computer's processing power. Recording and editing couldn't be easier; simply drag, drop, cut,%2
- Native FX plug-ins ranging from dynamics to modulation, reverb and more
- Support for available third party AU, VST and VSTi plug-ins
- Mix Automation
- Safe Record
- Loop Recording
- 64-bit, 192 kHz Mix Engine
- Audio Clip manipulation
- MIDI Editor
- Filters - Volume / Pan, Level Meter, 4-Band EQ, Aux Send & Return and FX
- Export to a variety of formats such as .wav, .aif, and .mp3
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer with integrated 24-Bit/96 kHz USB/FireWire interface and 16-track USB recorder
- Built-in 16x4 interface connects directly to your computer and supports Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher
- Integrated 16-track USB recorder allows for instant recordings of your studio or live sessions
- 4 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps with individual Phantom Power switches
- 4 studio-grade Compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- Studio-grade stereo FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Illuminated MIDI Transport section to remote-control your DAW/Sequencer on PC/Mac
- 2 HI-Z inputs for direct connection of guitars, 4 Channel Inserts and balanced Main Mix outputs on ¼" TRS and XLR connectors
- 2 Aux Sends per channel - all pre/post fader switchable, 2 stereo Aux Returns and separate CD/Tape input
- Solo-In-Place with PFL/AFL function plus full-featured Talkback section
- Comprehensive Monitor section with separate level controls for speaker and headphones outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders (100 mm on Main Mix) and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany