Behringer XENYX X2222USB
Behringer XENYX X2222USB Product Overview by GAK
An impressive analog mixer from Behringer the Xenyx X2222USB provides you with 22 inputs for instruments and microphones.
Onboard you will find 8 studio grade XENYX Mic Preamps alongside Behringer's warm, analog sounding "British" channel EQs. The 16 editable, professional-grade presets range from reverb to flanger and everything in between.
The built in USB interface allows you to easily connect the mixer to your Mac or PC with little to no hassle.
Behringer Product OverviewThe feature-packed XENYX X2222USB mixer allows you to effortlessly achieve premium-quality sound thanks to 8 onboard studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamps, and our ultra-musical “British” channel EQs – with a semi-parametric mid band for the ultimate in sound sculpting. And our easy-to-use “one-knob” compressors provide total dynamic control for the ultimate in punch and clarity, while respecting all the power and emotion you pack into every note. Add to this our 24-bit, dual-engine Multi-FX processor with 16 editable, professional-grade presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects – and the X2222USB becomes an incredibly versatile mixer for your live performances.
All XENYX mixers have one thing in common – great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps off er a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, XENYX mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Our studio-grade compressor is based on classic and famous studio equipment from the 70’s. This totally transparent and musical compressor design allows your full dynamic range to shine through until your signal reaches the compression threshold, which is indicated by the highly visible status LED. The compressor increases sustain and gently smoothens out signal peaks, which is especially handy when you’re laying down the funk, à la slap and pop – or hammering home your most-aggressive metal lines. The resulting output level lets you unleash powerful and impact-laden bass lines, while still sitting right where you need to be in the mix.
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 8 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- New studio-grade FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and ultra-low latency driver included
- Revolutionary energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition music production software included with feature-rich audio/MIDI sequencer that loads almost instantaneously on all computer platforms
- Channel inserts on each mono channel for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 3 aux sends per channel: 1 pre fader for monitoring, 1 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 1 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute, main mix and subgroup routing switches, solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 2 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility; 3 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Balanced main mix outputs with ¼" jack and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate control room, headphones and stereo rec outputs
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix; rec inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Rack mount brackets included for ultimate flexibility
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life