Blackstar HT-1R MkII 1W 1x8 Combo
Introducing the new Blackstar HT-1R - a little amp with a big sound. Blackstar's multi award-winning valve amp, gets a step-change in performance and looks.
The multi award-winning HT-1 and HT-5 are two of Blackstar’s best-selling valve amps of all time.
Following over two years of intensive R&D this line of ever-popular amps are set to raise the benchmark again – this is not just a facelift!
So what's new?
Adding the features that guitarists have requested, plus stunning new boutique cosmetics, the new HT-1R MkII and HT-5R MkII redefine the compact valve amp.
Using their push-pull valve power amp design, you get all the dynamics and response of a 100W stack from a small amp.
The HT-1R MkII is the perfect studio and practice amp, packed with great valve tone and new innovative features. It has been developed to sound full and toneful even at the lowest volume level.
The best clean tones: Now with two footswitchable Voices, one with an American character and the other with a Class A British sound – both are 100% Blackstar:
- Voice 1 American: A clean, bright and tight tone with a solid bass response for a refined American tone.
- Voice 2 British: A highly responsive “chime” with looser bottom for the British tone that can be pushed into a mid-range overdrive when driven hard.
The best overdrives: The two footswitchable Overdrive Voices are characterised by a tone which is high in gain, but avoids any of the detached top-end “fizz” often found in other designs.
- Voice 1 Classic: This is the Classic “British” Blackstar overdrive. Rich and natural it goes all the way to Super Crunch gain but cleans up beautifully.
- Voice 2 High Gain: Inspired by the critically acclaimed HT Venue MkII high gain sounds, this overdrive has additional aggression in the high end with a tight resonant low-end.
The best features: Joining Blackstar's patented ISF tone control is a USB audio output for easy pro recording and a newly voiced studio quality reverb.
The best looks: Even more refined and boutique, the newly design cabinet has a 3 degree angle, top-loader panel and stage-friendly chickenhead knobs.
- 1 Watt
- ECC83 preamp valve
- ECC82 power amp valve
- 2 channels
- 1x8 speaker
- Footswitchable Voices for Clean and Overdrive
- USB audio out
- Newly voiced studio quality reverb
- Boutique styling
No upgrades available
Great little amp. I love the valve tone even at low volume.
This Blackstar HT-1R sound brilliant and the build quality is very good. There were some problems... the first one had some cosmetic damage and the second had a valve fault. However, despite these issues I absolutely love this amp, for such a small (practice) amp it produces a wonderful range, quality and depth of sounds... an amp I will definitely keep long term.
This amp has received lots of very good reviews, but I was a bit sceptical... I didn't need to be it really is a great small tube amp. The knobs on this MK2 are improved compared to the original, the sound and simple setup is nice too. I have also had to contact Blackstar with a query in the past and they were excellent to deal with.
All outstanding products and excellent service from GAK