Blackstar HT-5RH MKII 5W Head
Introducing the new Blackstar HT-5RH - a little amp with a big sound. Blackstar's multi award-winning valve amp, gets a step-change in performance and looks.
The multi award-winning HT-1 and HT-5 are two of Blackstar’s best-selling valve amps of all time.
Following over two years of intensive R&D this line of ever-popular amps are set to raise the benchmark again – this is not just a facelift!
So what's new?
Adding the features that guitarists have requested, plus stunning new boutique cosmetics, the new HT-1R MkII and HT-5R MkII redefine the compact valve amp.
Using their push-pull valve power amp design, you get all the dynamics and response of a 100W stack from a small amp.
Killer tones and innovative features make the HT-5R MkII the ultimate studio and practice valve amp. Thanks to the unique 5W push-pull design utilising the 12BH7 valve, it delivers huge tone at any volume.
The best clean tones: Now with two footswitchable Voices, one with an American character and the other with a Class A British sound – both are 100% Blackstar:
- Voice 1 American: A clean, bright and tight tone with a solid bass response for a refined American tone.
- Voice 2 British: A highly responsive “chime” with looser bottom for the British tone that can be pushed into a mid-range overdrive when driven hard.
The best overdrives: The two footswitchable Overdrive Voices are characterised by a tone which is high in gain, but avoids any of the detached top-end “fizz” often found in other designs.
- Voice 1 Classic: This is the Classic “British” Blackstar overdrive. Rich and natural it goes all the way to Super Crunch gain but cleans up beautifully.
- Voice 2 High Gain: Inspired by the critically acclaimed HT Venue MkII high gain sounds, this overdrive has additional aggression in the high end with a tight resonant low-end.
The best features: Joining Blackstar's patented ISF tone control is a USB audio output for easy pro recording and a newly voiced studio quality reverb.
The best looks: Even more refined and boutique, the newly design cabinet has a 3 degree angle, top-loader panel and stage-friendly chickenhead knobs.
- 5 Watts
- ECC83 preamp valve 12BH7 power amp valve
- 2 channels
- 2-button footswitch included
- Footswitchable Voices for Clean and Overdrive
- Power reduction to 0.5 Watt
- USB audio out
- XLR DI out
- Newly voiced studio quality reverb
- Boutique styling
No upgrades available
I love the way I can drop the volume down to 0.5 watt. Sounds amazing. This is a keeper.
Absolutely blown away by different sounds and tones this little beast has to offer, it was an upgrade from the ht1rh and omg worth every penny.
Faulty product. Surprised it made it through QC at the factory. Headphone socket works but the speaker jack doesn't. Peculiar. Maybe it was just one of those which slipped through the net. But I don't doubt GAK will sort it out.
These small Blackstar amps are superb. Lots of features including effects loop. Great tone from lovely clean tones to great overdrive. The power reduction to 0.5 watt is still plenty loud for home use. This is all the amp most players will need.