Boss CUBE-ST2 Cube Street II Battery-Powered Amp, Black
Boss CUBE Street II Battery-Powered Stereo Amplifier, Black
Powerful and easy-to-carry mobile amplifier with high-quality sound for performers on the go.
The Cube Street II is the updated version of the most successful busking amp ever, the Cube Street. Boss has taken all the best features of the original, added groundbreaking technologies, implemented user-requested features and pushed the capabilities of this portable amp even further.
The new Cube Street II is double the power of the original, giving you 10 watts (2 x 5W speakers) of crisp and clean stereo sound to cut through street traffic, and is impressively loud. The Cube Street II also has a dedicated mono jack LINE OUT, which is perfect for connecting to external, more powerful, PA/monitors for even bigger audiences. Plus, you will still be able to use the Cube Street MKII as a live monitor.
Ready To Be Used Anywhere
Boss has also made the CUBE Street 2 even lighter (only 4.4 kg) and more durable thanks to its modern ABS injection-moulded design. This is great news for musicians on the move and transporting their live rigs down high streets, on public transports and more awkward locations than music venues. Add the optional Roland CB-CS1 Carry Case to protect your Cube Street on the move.
Of course, with any busking amp, the unit needs to be battery-powered and battery life is a huge concern for street performers. The Cube Street II boasts a whopping 11 hours maximum battery life and is uses either x8 AA Ni-MH or alkaline batteries. You can gig with the confidence that no matter where you are, you have enough hours to power your performance or easily source some more AA batteries from most newsagents, garages or convenience stores.
Effects Pedal, Vocal Harmonizer & Looper - All-In-One
The Boss Cube Street II now has a number of performance-enhancing features to reduce your mobile rig. Boss has added a Phrase Looper (45-second Stereo/90 Second Mono) and Vocal Harmoniser functionality, meaning your performances will stand out from the crowd. Add the optional Boss FS-6 to control the looper and harmoniser on the fly.
You can customise your sound even further, as the Cube Street 2 comes armed with a massive selection of effects. Users of the previous Cube Street will recognise the layout and find many of the existing effects that made this busking amp so popular, but they didn’t stop there.
Boss has now added the 3-Band EQ to the mic input, previously only found on the guitar input, giving you greater control of your overall sound. With the addition of this 3-band EQ and Vocal Harmoniser, the MIC channel has more customisation options than ever before.
The Cube Street II also comes with an upgraded Guitar/Mic channel, boasting 9 amp types, a Chorus/Delay control and a Reverb control. With 3 Acoustic Amplifier types, 4 Electric Guitar types and dedicated settings for both Line Level Instruments and Dynamic Mics, all the bases are covered.
The reverb has also been upgraded, now featuring its own dedicated control knob (per channel), plus you can choose between 3 types (Room, Hall and Plate) when connected to the BTS For Cube Street II app.
Connect To Your Favourite Smart Device - Wirelessly
Expand the capabilities of your Cube Street II with the free to download, Boss Tone Studio For Cube Street II app. Simply purchase the optional BT-DUAL Bluetooth Adaptor and unlock the full potential of your Busking Amp.
When the BT-DUAL is installed and you have connected to the BTS app, you can adjust a variety of settings on your Cube Street II with your Smart Phone. You can swap out and personalise the effects controls to your own preferences, set input sources for the looper, assign footswitch controls, save custom setups for instant recall with Live Sets, view battery level in real-time and much more.
The BTS App gives you the power to make each channel work the way you want them to. With the MIC/Instrument Channel, you could swap the vocal harmoniser with a chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo, or touch wah effect. Whereas the Guitar/Instrument channel can have its Chrous effect changed to phaser, flanger, tremolo, or touch wah. These can be saved as Live Sets, meaning you could save the optimum settings for any environment you are performing in and load it up the next time you return to the same place.
The BTS App doesn’t stop there, as the BT-DUAL also allows you to stream music wirelessly from your Smart Device to the Cube Street II. You could use this setting to not only save on messy cables, but also perform along to backing tracks or play songs in between sets. There’s even an option within the BTS app to duck the volume of the background music when using the mic input - perfect for public speaking or making announcements.
Live Stream Audio Directly
One of the hardest things when busking is being heard. Maximise the amount people that take notice of your performances with the ability to live stream directly to the internet. With The Cube Street II, you can connect a USB cable to a computer and stream the audio of your performance with ease. To reduce the setup even further, you can use i-CUBE Link (cable included) to connect your Smart Device and stream to a much larger audience.
When using i-CUBE Link, your Smart Device’s internal microphone is replaced with your Cube Street, meaning anything you have plugged into the busking amp will be heard when making videos. With the ability to live stream, you can perform Facebook Live, Instagram Live or Twitch videos and reach more people across the world. Just make sure your phone has data signal/wifi!
With the Cube Street II, you’ll find a useful range of ins/outs to set up your rig. With all the I/O moved to the back of the unit, so they’re much easier to find and your setup will be much tidier. With a Combi XLR/Jack input and a 1/4 jack Guitar/Mic input, as well as the iCUBE Link/AUX-IN input, connecting your instruments is a cinch.
You can connect 2 dual footswitches to expand the capabilities of your amp, plus you’ll find a Phones/Rec Out and a Line Out. Line Out will allow you to connect to a second Cube Street to make a portable PA System, whereas the REC OUT will disable the output of the speaker for silent recording.
You can also use the built-in USB Audio Interface to record to your favourite recording software. Lastly, you’ll find the BT-DUAL connector to unlock the wireless capabilities mentioned above.
Make Your Busking Setup Totally Wireless
As the Cube Street II has been designed to reduce the amount of gear a busker may take to perform, why not reduce on cables too? Add a Boss Wireless System to your basket and make your busking rig cable-free. Free yourselves from the shackles of being connected to the amp and go interact with your audience!
- Next-generation version of the top-selling mobile amp for street performers
- First model in the CUBE Street series branded with the BOSS name
- ABS injection-molded cabinet for increased durability and reduced weight (4.4 kg/9 lb. 12 oz.)
- Enhanced power output: 10 watts total (5 watts x 2)
- High-quality stereo sound with two high-performance 6.5-inch speakers
- Angled face for optimum monitoring and sound projection
- Mic/Instrument channel with harmony, three-band EQ, and reverb
- Guitar/Mic channel with nine amp types, three-band EQ, chorus/delay, reverb, and tuner
- Looper with up to 45 seconds of stereo recording time
- Automatic harmony function with three modes: unison, high, and higher
- Optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor (BT-DUAL), for wirelessly streaming music from a mobile device and editing amp functions with the companion CUBE Street II Editor app
- Record or livestream your audio performances to a computer or mobile device via USB or i-CUBE Link
- Practice and jam with the CUBE JAM app for iOS
- Runs on eight AA alkaline batteries or included AC adaptor
- Eco mode for extended battery runtime (max power output: 5 watts)
- Available in black or red
- - Rated Power Output
- 10 W (5 W + 5 W)
- - Nominal Input Level
- MIC/INSTRUMENT INPUT: -40 dBu (2 k ohm)/-20 dBu (11 k ohm)
- GUITAR/MIC INPUT:-10 dBu(1 M ohm)
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN: -20 dBu (15 k ohm)
- - Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT : -10 dBu (MONO)
- - Speakers
- 16 cm (6.5 inches) x 2
- - Controls
- POWER switch
- OUTPUT POWER switch (MAX, ECO)
- LOOPER button
- STOP button
- SELECT switch (MIC, INST)
- VOLUME knob
- HARMONY knob
- KEY button
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- REVERB knob
- TUNER button
- AMP TYPE knob (NORMAL, BRIGHT, WIDE, INSTRUMENT, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, ACOUSTIC SIM, MIC)
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- CHORUS/DELAY knob (CHORUS, DELAY)
- REVERB knob
- [i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN]
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN knob
- - Indicators
- - Connectors
- MIC/INSTRUMENT jack: Combo type (XLR type, 1/4-inch TRS phone type), balanced
- GUITAR/MIC jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack: 4-pole miniature phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES/REC OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- [FOOT SW]
- SW 1 HARMONY/MIC/INST jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- SW 2 LOOPER/GUITAR/MIC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- Bluetooth ADAPTOR connector: Dedicated connector
- USB port: USB B type
- DC IN jack
- - Power Supply
- AC adaptor (DC 9 V)
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 8
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 8
- - Current Draw
- 390 mA
- - Expected battery life under continuous use
- [OUTPUT POWER switch: MAX (Maximum power output: 10 W)]
- Alkaline battery: Approximately 8 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 10 hours (*1)
- [OUTPUT POWER switch: ECO (Maximum power output: 5 W)]
- Alkaline battery: Approximately 11 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 14 hours (*1)
- *1 When using batteries having a capacity of 2,500 mAh.
- * These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- - Dimensions
- 414 (W) x 285 (D) x 255 (H) mm
- 16-5/16 (W) x 11-1/4 (D) x 10-1/16 (H) inches
- - Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
- 4.4 kg
- 9 lbs 12 oz
- - Accessories
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet USING THE UNIT SAFELY
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)
- - Options (sold separately)
- BOSS Bluetooth(R) Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor: BT-DUAL
- Carrying case: CB-CS1
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
No upgrades available