Boss KTN-100MKII Katana 100 MKII 1x12 Combo
Boss KTN-100MKII Katana MKII 1x12 Combo
Partner the Katana 100 MKII with an optional GA-FC Footswitch to switch Channels and control the Effects Selection, plus it has two expression inputs so you can also use any Roland/Boss Expression Pedal. You can also keep the dust off with the Boss BAC-KTN100 Amp Cover.
The Katana 100MKII is also available as a 2x12 combo (KTN-100/212MKII).
Overview By GAK
The Katana Range has become one of our firm favourite amps to suggest to bedroom players, gigging musicians, guitar teachers or guitarists of all levels, due to the sheer quality of its tone and versatility. It’s become one of our Best-Sellers and here’s why.
You can reduce the total power of the KTN-100MKII to either 0.5 of a watt, 50w or 100w meaning you can still experience the tone, and more importantly, the “feel” of a dimed amp at a reasonable volume. 0.5w is perfect for when you are playing at low/bedroom volume and still require the tone of a pushed guitar amp. 50w is ideal for rehearsals, jamming with other musicians and enable you to compete with a drummer, whereas 100w is perfect for use in live/recording situations where volume isn’t a concern.
The Katana 100 MKII can store 8 of your favourite patches directly to the amp, with 15 effects per patch. There is a rear-panel connection, allowing you to control the amp channels with a footswitch or manipulate effects with an expression pedal. The Katana 100 is compatible with the GA-FC (sold separately), which is a dedicated amp controller pedal, designed to control all the various aspects of the Katana. The GA-FC (sold separately) features 6 buttons and 2 expression inputs that are compatible with all Boss Expression Pedals. Each button on the GA-FC (sold separately) can be assigned via Boss Tone Studio.
The Katana-50MKII may well be the most compact combo, however, the KTN-100MKII has an effects loop (for using pedals directly into the poweramp stage - ie RC Loopers, 200 Series, 500 Series and delays/modulation effects), Stereo Expand for setting up a stereo rig, Record Out/Speaker output simultaneously, presence dial optimising your overall EQ in realtime to suit any musical environment, 8 patch locations and a larger 12" speaker cone giving a richer/fuller tone.
The Katana 100 MKII is not only a great guitar amp but it's also packed full of technology. You can seamlessly integrate with your studio setup, as the built-in USB interface allows you to record the audio directly to your favourite DAW, without needing a microphone and messy cables - it’s completely hassle-free! When using the Record Out function the internal speaker will disable, enabling you to record in silence directly into your DAW or running the amp into your favourite preamp. If you wanted to still hear an internal speaker, either in a live or studio environment, simply use the Line Out feature. Both USB and phones/recording outputs have a Mic’d cabinet emulation, with three Air Feel types, making your Katana sound like an amp in a studio.
To ensure you have everything you need for your Katana-100MKII, check out the Boss KTN-100MKII Katana 100 MKII 1x12 Combo Cover + Footswitch Bundle.
For users needing quicker access to the front panel, a custom Waza Craft speaker cone with a semi-closed back ultra-solid cabinent construction, integrated Dual Amp Expansion, selectable Effects Loop, 3-way contour dial and global EQ switch with 3 customisable curves, dedicated Solo Button, an External Speaker Output to connect to your favourite cab (8ohm or 16ohm) and a MIDI Input to sync to external gear (like the Boss ES Effects Switching Systems), check out the KTN-ARTISTMKII.
- Stage-ready 100-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (100-watt models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Rated Power Output - 100 W
- Nominal Input Level
- - INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- - AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- - RETURN IN: -10 dBu (100 k ohm)
- Speaker - 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- - POWER switch
- - MASTER knob
- - PRESENCE knob
- - POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 50 W, 100 W)
- - VARIATION button
- - AMP TYPE knob (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- - GAIN knob
- - VOLUME knob
- - BASS knob
- - MIDDLE knob
- - TREBLE knob
- [MULTI EFFECT]
- - BOOSTER button
- - MOD button
- - FX button
- - DELAY button
- - REVERB button
- - TAP button
- - BOOSTER knob
- - MOD knob
- - FX knob
- - DELAY knob
- - REVERB knob
- [TONE SETTING]
- - CH1 button
- - CH2 button
- - CH3 button
- - CH4 button
- - PANEL button
- [STEREO EXPAND]
- - STEREO EXPAND switch
- - VARIATION
- - ACOUSTIC
- - CLEAN
- - CRUNCH
- - LEAD
- - BROWN
- - BOOSTER
- - MOD
- - FX
- - DELAY
- - REVERB
- - TAP
- - CH1
- - CH2
- - CH3
- - CH4
- - PANEL
- - INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - USB port: USB B type
- - AC IN jack
- Power Consumption - 77 W
- - Owner's manual
- - Power cord
- - GA-FC sticker
- Options (sold separately)
- - Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- - Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
- - GA FOOT CONTROLLER (GA-FC)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width - 530 mm, 20-7/8 inches
- - Depth - 248 mm, 9-13/16 inches
- - Height - 484 mm, 17-1/2 inches
- - Weight - 14.8 kg, 32 lbs 11 oz
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Awesome. Makes even me sound good.
My son bought this as a replacement for a previous amp. He always does his research before buying and is very happy with it. Can't wait til we can get him out and gigging.
Great amp, patches are great, sound is great. Loud as balls if you want it, but great time practicing on the 0.5w setting. Tonnes of effects to go at and saving your settings to bank to pull up whenever you want works fantastic. Bit disappointing there is no Bluetooth connection for phones to send your music to the amp....so for me if I I cant use my phone for settings, and playing say a backing track at the same time as there is no earphone socket on my phone, and no tone studio app for mobile devices ( couple of great third party options on playstore ).....but, I knew this before buying.
Brilliant thanks again awesome amp.