Boss KTN-50MKII Katana 50 MKII 1x12 Combo
Boss KTN-50MKII Katana 50 MKII 1x12 Combo
- Partner the Katana 50 MKII with an optional FS-6 Footswitch to switch Channels and control the Effects Selection. You can also keep the dust off with the Boss BAC-KTN50 Amp Cover.
- The Boss Katana 50 MKII comes with a 2-year warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.
Overview By GAK
The Katana Range has become one of our firm favourite amps to suggest to bedroom players, gigging musicians, guitar teachers or guitarists of all levels, due to the sheer quality of its tone and versatility. The Katana 50 MK2 has become one of our Best-Selling amps from the range and here’s why.
The power output of the Katana 50 can be changed to four different settings; standby, 0.5 of a watt, 25w or 50w. Having different power outputs means you can still experience the tone, and more importantly, the “feel” of a dimed amp at a reasonable volume.
Standby means the Katana amp is powered on, though the onboard speaker is disabled. This is the perfect setting for late-night recording/ practice sessions. 0.5w is perfect for when you are playing at low volume and still require the tone of a pushed guitar amp. 25w is ideal for quiet rehearsals and jamming with other musicians, whereas 50w will enable you to compete with a drummer and use it in live situations.
The Katana 50 MKII can store 4 of your favourite patches directly to the amp, with 15 effects per patch. There is a rear-panel connection, allowing you to control the amp channels with a footswitch or manipulate effects with an expression pedal. The Katana 50 is compatible with the Boss FS-6 (Katana 100MKII and above use the GA-FC) and all Katana models are compatible with all Boss Expression Pedals.
The Katana 50 MKII is not only a great guitar amp but it’s also packed full of technology. The built-in USB interface (cable sold separately) seamlessly integrates with your studio setup. The USB connection allows you to record the audio directly to your favourite DAW, without needing a microphone and messy cables - it’s completely hassle-free!
When using the Record Out function the internal speaker on the KTN-50 will disable, enabling you to hear the amp sound via a PA System for live use or run the amp into your favourite preamp. Both USB and phones/recording outputs have a Mic’d cabinet emulation, with three Air Feel types, making your Katana sound like an amp in a studio.
To ensure you have everything you need for your Katana-50MKII, check out the Boss KTN-50MKII Katana 50 MKII 1x12 Combo Cover + Footswitch Bundle.
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Rated Power Output - 50 W
- Nominal Input Level
- - INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- - AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- Speaker - 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- - POWER switch
- - MASTER knob
- - POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W)
- - VARIATION button
- - AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- - GAIN knob
- - VOLUME knob
- - BASS knob
- - MIDDLE knob
- - TREBLE knob
- [MULTI EFFECT]
- - BOOSTER button
- - MOD button
- - FX button
- - DELAY button
- - REVERB button
- - TAP button
- - BOOSTER knob
- - MOD knob
- - FX knob
- - DELAY knob
- - REVERB knob
- [TONE SETTING]
- - CH1 button
- - CH2 button
- - PANEL button
- - VARIATION
- - BOOSTER
- - MOD
- - FX
- - DELAY
- - REVERB
- - TAP
- - CH1
- - CH2
- - PANEL
- - INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - XP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - USB port: USB B type
- - AC IN jack
- Power Consumption - 47 W
- - Owner's manual
- - Power cord
- Options (sold separately)
- - Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- - Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 470 mm, 18-9/16 inches
- - Depth 238 mm, 9-3/8 inches
- - Height 398 mm, 15-11/16 inches
- - Weight 11.6 kg, 25 lbs 10 oz
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Great amp, loads of settings to get the tone you want.
A great solution very happy
Very versatile amplifier
Best amp I've owned, It has the right sounds, but for this price youd expect a rec in/out jack
Great amp,ideal for the home or gig