Boss KTN-HEADMKII Katana Head MKII 100W Amp Head
Boss KTN-HEADMKII Katana Head MKII 100W Amp Head Cover + Footswitch Bundle
Next day deliveryAverage rating 5 / 55 stars(1)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)
Boss KTN-HEADMKII Katana Head MKII 100W Amp Head Full Stack Bundle
Next day deliveryAverage rating 4.7 / 55 stars(5)4 stars(0)3 stars(1)2 stars(0)1 star(0)
Partner the Katana Head MKII with an optional GA-FC Footswitch to switch Channels and control the Effects Selection, plus it has two expression inputs so you can also use any Roland/Boss Expression Pedal. You can also keep the dust off with the Boss BAC-KATHD Katana Head Amp Cover.
The Boss Katana Head MKII comes with a 3-year warranty when registered with Roland Backstage.
To build your Katana MKII full-stack, check out our Head + Cab Bundle.
The Katana Range has become one of our firm favourite amps to suggest to bedroom players, gigging musicians, guitar teachers or guitarists of all levels, due to the sheer quality of its tone and versatility. It’s become one of our Best-Sellers and here’s why.
The Boss Katana Head MKII is a lunchbox sized amp head, which partners perfectly with the Boss KTN-CAB Katana Cab 150W 2x12 Cab. The KTN-HEADMKII features a MIDI Input, again, giving you the ability to sync to external gear, like the Boss ES Effects Switching Systems. There’s also a Line Out Air-Feel switch, which allows you to choose between a vintage, modern or deep cabinet emulation over USB. To top it off, the KTN-HEADMKII features an inbuilt 5" speaker cone, meaning you can quietly monitor and use the amp without connecting an external cabinet - perfect for warming up pre-gig or practising at home, whilst your cabinet is in the back of the van, on route to your next show!
You can reduce the total power of the KTN-HEADMKII to either 0.5 of a watt, 50w or 100w meaning you can still experience the tone, and more importantly, the “feel” of a dimed amp at a reasonable volume. 0.5w is perfect for when you are playing at low/bedroom volume and still require the tone of a pushed guitar amp. 50w is ideal for rehearsals, jamming with other musicians and enable you to compete with a drummer, whereas 100w is perfect for use in live/recording situations where volume isn’t a concern.
The Katana HEAD MKII can store 8 of your favourite patches directly to the amp, with 15 effects per patch. There is a rear-panel connection, allowing you to control the amp channels with a footswitch or manipulate effects with an expression pedal. The Katana Head is compatible with the GA-FC (sold separately), which is a dedicated amp controller pedal, designed to control all the various aspects of the Katana. The GA-FC (sold separately) features 6 buttons and 2 expression inputs that are compatible with all Boss Expression Pedals. Each button on the GA-FC (sold separately) can be assigned via Boss Tone Studio.
The KTN-HEADMKII has an effects loop (for using pedals directly into the power amp stage - ie RC Loopers, 200 Series, 500 Series and delays/modulation effects), Record Out/Speaker output simultaneously, presence dial optimising your overall EQ in realtime to suit any musical environment and 8 patch locations.
The Katana Head MKII is not only a great guitar amp but its also packed full of technology. You can seamlessly integrate with your studio setup, as the built-in USB interface allows you to record the audio directly to your favourite DAW, without needing a microphone and messy cables - it’s completely hassle-free! When using the Record Out function the externally connected speaker cab will disable, enabling you to record in silence directly into your DAW or running the amp into your favourite preamp. If you wanted to still hear an externally connected cab, either in a live or studio environment, simply use the Line Out feature. Both USB and phones/recording outputs have a Mic’d cabinet emulation, with three Air Feel types, making your Katana sound like an amp in a studio.
To ensure you have everything you need for your Katana-HEADMKII, check out the Boss KTN-HEADMKII Katana Head MKII 100W Amp Head Cover + Footswitch Bundle.
For users needing quicker access to the front panel, a custom Waza Craft speaker cone with a semi-closed back ultra-solid cabinent construction, integrated Dual Amp Expansion, selectable Effects Loop, 3-way contour dial and global EQ switch with 3 customisable curves, dedicated Solo Button, an External Speaker Output to connect to your favourite cab (8ohm or 16ohm) and a MIDI Input to sync to external gear (like the Boss ES Effects Switching Systems), check out the KTN-ARTISTMKII.
- Light and portable 100-watt guitar amp head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Integrated five-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (available on 100-watt models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable from the panel or BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal, plus MIDI input for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Rated Power Output
- - 30 W (Using internal speaker)
- - 100 W (Using external speaker)
- Nominal Input Level
- - INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- - AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- - RETURN IN: -10 dBu (100 k ohm)
- Speaker - 12 cm (5 inches) x 1
- - POWER switch
- - MASTER knob
- - PRESENCE knob
- - POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 50 W, 100 W)
- - CAB RESONANCE switch (VINTAGE､MODERN､DEEP)
- - VARIATION button
- - AMP TYPE knob (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- - GAIN knob
- - VOLUME knob
- - BASS knob
- - MIDDLE knob
- - TREBLE knob
- [MULTI EFFECT]
- - BOOSTER button
- - MOD button
- - FX button
- - DELAY button
- - REVERB button
- - TAP button
- - BOOSTER knob
- - MOD knob
- - FX knob
- - DELAY knob
- - REVERB knob
- [TONE SETTING]
- - CH1 button
- - CH2 button
- - CH3 button
- - CH4 button
- - PANEL button
- [STEREO EXPAND]
- - STEREO EXPAND switchIndicatorsVARIATION
- - ACOUSTIC
- - CLEAN
- - CRUNCH
- - LEAD
- - BROWN
- - BOOSTER
- - MOD
- - FX
- - DELAY
- - REVERB
- - TAP
- - CH1
- - CH2
- - CH3
- - CH4
- - PANEL
- - INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - SPEAKER OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type (Minimum 8 ohm)
- - REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- - USB port: USB B type
- - MIDI IN connector
- - AC IN jack
- Power Consumption - 77 W
- - Accessories
- - Owner's manual
- - Power cord
- - GA-FC sticker
- Options (sold separately)
- - Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- - Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
- - GA FOOT CONTROLLER (GA-FC)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT (INCLUDE HANDLE AND RUBBER FEETS)
- - Width 470 mm, 18-9/16 inches
- - Depth - 228 mm, 9 inches
- - Height - 215 mm, 8-1/2 inches
- - Weight - 8.8 kg, 19 lbs 7 oz
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Boss Katana is such a versatile amp. Download Boss Tone Studio and you will spend hours going through the different sounds and set up. I have bought it to use live through Marshall cabs, amazing sound and very user friendly.
Unreal head. Loud! Great metal and hi gain tones. Very versatile. Easy to use. Tone studio let’s you go very deep into customising your tone.
This amp has turned out to be way better in sound than I expected - easy to get going with it without manual, having said that its a wee bit fiddly on controls for the effects tho'
Bought this to go with my existing speaker cab - was surprised at the flexibility of the head and the options on there (and haven't dived into fiddling with parameters on the computer yet). I just set it up dials in the middle and adjusted them from there to work out what sort of envelope you can cover which is pretty big with a lot of good sounding stuff. The output wattage switching is super useful as can take from 100 to 50 to 0.5w (good for home use in the 50W setting as the master volume is really linear, although the 0.5w helps when the wife has had enough). I was concerned not enough headroom in clean channel although I've cranked it quite loud and kept a very clean sound up to ear pain levels. The EQ works well, the pedal FX loop sounds great, build feels solid, sounds awesome, computer interface will keep me busy during lock down - whats not to like.
Superb kit in terms of functionality, but very susceptible to nearby interference: it buzzes and hums quite loudly.