Boss OC-3 Polyphonic Octave Pedal
The BOSS OC-3 Super Octave gives guitarists high-quality octave effects with a single stomp. Three modes are provided, including a new Polyphonic Octave mode, a Drive mode with distortion, and the original OC-2 mode. The versatile OC-3 also works with bass! The OC-3 picks up where the best-selling OC-2 left off, giving guitarists two brand new octave effects. Using the Polyphonic Octave mode, octaves can now be added when playing chords'a first in a compact pedal. More aggressive sounds can be had using the new Drive mode, which adds a touch of distortion to the octave sounds. The OC-3 isn't just for guitar, it's also for bass. By connecting a bass guitar to the dedicated Bass input, the OC-3 automatically optimizes itself to suit the range of a bass guitar. Now bass players can upgrade to the ultra-stable octave sounds of the OC-3.
- World's first compact pedal with true Polyphonic Octave effects
- New Drive mode adds distortion to octave notes for a fatter, more aggressive tone
- Includes the original OC-2 mode, capable of producing notes one and two octaves down
- Poly Octave effect adjustable to play within a specific note range
- Bass input for adapting octave sound to bass guitars
Polyphonic setting is great for finger style guitar where just the chosen low notes have the octave effect. Plenty of flexibility to set relative volumes. Sounds good too!
Very effective octave pedal. Great depth of resonance.
Haven't had a chance to test it yet - need our local PA expert to set the rest of the gear up!!
Still getting to grips but works well with both my electric and acoustic guitar