Boss RC-600 Loop Station Overview
The RC-600 is a next-generation floor-based looper, armed with six stereo tracks, best-in-class audio quality, a massive selection of onboard effects options and unmatched real-time control.
Boss have packed the RC-600 with evolved features and customisable functions, allowing the RC-600 Loop Station to unlock a new era of creative power for guitarists, singer/songwriters, multi-instrumentalists and all looping musicians.
The RC-600 is armed with a longer recording than ever, at a whopping 13 hours. With this huge amount of memory, you can store a maximum of 1.5 hours per track, so all looping requirements are covered. This is a tool for users that want to quickly record rehearsals, gigs or lessons, as you could store an entire set on one track.
A common problem for intermediate or advanced loop performances is running out of inputs or tracks and a lack of control over their setup. The RC-600 solves this problem with the most inputs ever features on a Boss Looper, including x2 XLR Mic Inputs, x2 Stereo Jack Inputs and the ability to route these to your preference.
If you are a multi-instrumentalist looking to mimic the “one-man-band” style setup, similar to Jack Garratt, Youngr and Ed Sheeran, the RC-600 is for you. For example, you could have a vocal mic, instrument mic, a stereo keyboard, an electric guitar a bass all plugged in at the same time.
On previous loopers, having this many instruments in your setup was near impossible to control. The RC-600 makes this easy, as there is an internal input mixer, input EQ, as well as input dynamics for the mic inputs.
Input Dynamics allows you to optimise the input level of whatever is connected, capturing the full dynamic range of your chosen sound source. For users that want even control of their sound, you can assign the EQ to the master output, so you sound amazing in any musical environment.
To not upset any grumpy sound technicians, the RC-600 features a stereo Main Output and x2 Stereo Sub Outputs. As well as being able to control the inputs, you can assign the Outputs with the same level of control too. You can have x3 stereo groups, x6 individual mono outputs or a mixture of both, giving you the most control possible.
With six stereo tracks, versatile input/audio options and premium 32-bit sound, the RC-600 sounds better than any looper that has come before. With such high audio quality, you can perform with the confidence that your sound will not degrade, as the clarity is maintained no matter how many layers you stack within a loop.
If you are at the writing stage of creating a loop, the RC-600 includes a new feature, Mark Back. Mark Back allows you to tag a certain position within any layer that you are recording on any track. You can instantly jump back to that marker at any time within your performance.
In order to make your performances stand out from the crowd, the RC-600 comes armed with a massive 104 effects. You can assign 49 types to the Input stage, 53 types to Tracks and 2 types on the Master. You’ll find everything from Modulation, Reverb, Delay, Distortion, Octave, Synth and more creative types like Auto-Riff, Freeze, Warp, Twist and Roll.
To support loop performers during a gig, the RC-600 comes armed with an all-new rhythm section including, 16 drum kit sounds, 200 patterns and 4 variations within each pattern. Each of these rhythm patterns is customisable, so if you wanted to remove individual Drum/Percussion layers, you can at the click of a button!
With such a large amount of tracks, inputs and outputs, you can use the nine freely assignable footswitches to maximise your creative output and stay in control at all times. Plus there’s the ability to add x4 TRS external control pedals, never has a loop pedal had so much controllability and personalisation.
On the back of the unit, you will find inputs for CTL1, 2/EXP1 jack, CTL3, 4/EXP2 jack, all compatible with a 1/4-inch TRS cable. You could connect x4 FS-5Us, x2 FS-6/FS-7s or incorporate x2 Expression pedals. Every button or external footswitch can be assigned to anything a user could ever want. With 16 assignable functions, each RC-600 can be tailored to whoever is using it.
As the RC-600 is designed for pro-level musicians, the sound is everything. Boss has ensured that each switch on the front panel is operated with absolutely no noise, “pop”, “click” or “clunk”. You can engage the recording of a loop and not have to worry about the click of the button press being heard.
The control doesn’t stop there, as the RC-600 features a Graphic backlit LCD and full-colour LED lights, so users can set up visual cues, colour code assignments/tracks/memories, so that you always remain in command of your performances.
The RC-600 is ready to sync with any live or studio setup, slotting in with deep MIDI integration. With both MIDI I/O, you can seamlessly integrate with DAWs, external hardware and sequencers alike. You can even use MIDI to sync with another RC-600, making a 12 track looper setup!
You can also use the in-built USB port to integrate with computer DAWs, use BOSS Tone Studio to import and export WAV loops and import your own SMF rhythms over USB with the dedicated RC Rhythm Converter software.
- Flagship floor-based Loop Station with next-level sound quality and flexibility
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Six simultaneous stereo phrase tracks
- Ultra-flexible onboard control with nine freely assignable footswitches and three pedal modes
- Massive onboard effects selection with 49 Input FX and 53 Track FX types and the ability to use four at once in each section
- Time-based effects can automatically sync to rhythms and loop tempo
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power, two stereo line input pairs, and three stereo assignable line output pairs
- 99 memories, each containing six phrase tracks, custom effects and playback settings, control assignments, and more
- Synchronize your loops with over 200 onboard rhythm patterns and 16 drum kits
- Deep MIDI control support
- Streamlined and durable metal body
- Large circular loop status indicator and informative LCD screen with selectable display modes
- Two external control jacks, each with support for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- USB for data backup, phrase import/export with BOSS Tone Studio, and pattern import with the RC Rhythm Converter
- - Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- - AD/DA Conversion
- 32 bits
- - Processing
- 32-bit floating point
- - Recording/Playback
- Number of Tracks: 6
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo)
- Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 1.5 hours (1 track), Approx.13 hours (total of All memories)
- - Rhythm Type
- 200 types or greater
- - Rhythm Kit
- 16 types
- - Effect
- INPUT FX: 49 types
- TRACK FX: 53 types
- MASTER FX: 2 types
- - Memory
- - Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN 1, 2: -40 dBu
- INST IN 1, 2: -10 dBu
- - Maximum Input Level
- MIC IN 1, 2: 0 dBu
- INST IN 1, 2: +7 dBu/+20 dBu (selectable)
- - Input Impedance
- MIC IN 1, 2: 3kohms
- INST IN 1, 2: 1 M ohms/25 k ohms (selectable)
- - Nominal Output Level
- MAIN OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- SUB OUTPUT 1, 2: -10 dBu
- - Maximum Output Level
- MAIN OUTPUT: +7 dBu
- SUB OUTPUT 1, 2: +7 dBu
- - Output Impedance
- MAIN OUTPUT: 1 k ohm
- SUB OUTPUT 1, 2: 1 k ohm
- - Recommended Load Impedance
- MAIN OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- SUB OUTPUT 1, 2: 10 k ohms or greater
- - Controls
- REC/PLAY switch x 3, STOP switch x 3, TRACK SELECT switch, UNDO/REDO switch, ALL START/STOP switch,
- MENU button, LOOP button, RHYTHM button, TAP TEMPO button, ENTER button, EXIT button, PAGE buttons,
- 1--4 knobs, OUTPUT LEVEL knob
- - Display
- Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
- - Connectors
- MIC IN 1, 2 connectors: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max
- INST IN 1, 2 jacks, MAIN OUTPUT jacks, SUB OUTPUT 1, 2 jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL1,2/EXP1 jack, CTL3,4/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
- - Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- -Current Draw
- 1.2 A (with phantom power)
- 1.1 A (without phantom power)
- - Dimensions
- 435(W) x163 (D) x 66 (H) mm
- 17-1/8 (W) x 6-7/16 (D) x 2-5/8 (H) inches
- 2.4 kg
- 5 lbs 5 oz
- AC adaptor
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- - Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5U
- Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Roland PCS 20A Daisy-Chain Power Lead
Boss FS-7 Latched & Unlatched Mini Footswitch Pedal
Boss FS-6 Latched & Unlatched Footswitch Pedal
Boss PSA 230 9V Power Supply, 500mA
Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone
Boss BIC-10 Instrument Cable, 10ft/3m
Boss BIC-PC Instrument Patch Cable, Angled, 6in/15cm
Boss BIC-PC-3 Instrument Patch Cable, Angled, 6in/15cm, 3 Pack
Roland RCC-3-TRTR Black Balanced Stereo Jack Cable, 3ft/1m
Roland RMC-B5 Black Microphone Cable, 5ft/1.5m
Boss KTN-100MKII Katana 100 MKII 1x12 Combo