Boss ST-2 Power Stack
The Boss ST-2 Power Stack draws on years of dedicated research into amp modelling to bring you the most unique compact distortion pedal to date. Designed to recreate the sound of coveted amplifier stacks and tube amplifiers from over the years, the ST-2 's 'Sound' knob lets you dial in tones quickly and easily giving you anything from vintage crunch to all-out high gain distortion! A 2-band EQ allows you to dial in even more detail to your sound.
The ST-2 responds accurately to your picking nuances and dynamics and is perfect for blues, rock, metal and more!
GAK's Boss ST-2 FAQ's
Q1: What is a stack?
A: A stack refers to a seperate amplifier head and cabinet combination. The ST-2 is based on all valve amplfier stacks that were made popular in the '60s, '70s and '80's.
Q2: How does the ST-2 differ to the DS-1?
A: The DS-1 is designed to react to the sound of your own amplfier, the ST-2 is based around amp modelling technology and therefore the sound is based on specific classic amplifier sounds. The ST-2 is great if you find it difficult to find a good tone in your amplfiers own distorion channel.
Q3: How long is the battery life?
A: The ST-2 uses a 9V PP-3 type battery. Using an Alkaline battery (6LR61) will give upto 10 hours of use. The ST-2 can also be powered by an optional AC adapter such as the Boss PSA.
- Original distortion sound reminiscent of tube-based stack amplifiers
- Provides a wide range of tones, from vintage crunch to ultra high-gain modern distortion
- Faithful and accurate response to picking nuances and volume changes
- SOUND Knob controls both gain level and sound character
- Two-band EQ with dedicated BASS and TREBLE knobs
- Road-tough BOSS construction
- Pedal Type: Distortion, EQ
- Inputs: 1 x Instrument
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Height: 2.4"
- Width: 2.9"
- Depth: 5.1"
- Weight: 1 lbs.
- Power Supply Included: No
- Manufacturer Part Number: ST-2