Boss SY-1000 Guitar/Bass Synthesizer Pedal With GK-KIT-GT3 Pickup Kit Bundle
Boss SY-1000 Guitar/Bass Synthesizer Pedal
Bundle includes SY-1000, GK-KIT-GT3 Pickup Kit and GKC-5 connection cable.
"The SY-1000 is Boss' flagship synthesizer product for your guitar or bass. It has our next gen guitar/bass synth engine, with high quality DSP processing throughout. It takes all the features from the SY-300, but has six times the processing power. It also features 2 x16 Part Step Sequencers, which allow you to control pitch, filter and amplitude. Connect it to the optional GK-3, GK-3B and GK-KIT-GT3 to unleash the full capabilites of the SY-1000. With any compatible GK System, the SY-1000 transforms into a workstation for your Guitar/Bass. You can use it to create your own 16 part sequences, change the tuning of your instrument without touching the machine heads and trigger external instruments via MIDI. The SY-1000 is all about sound creation, you can stack 3 dynamic synthesizer instruments, as well as blend the audio from the traditional pickup on your guitar/bass. You can run these 4 layers into the amazing effects section, which are the same as the ones that feature in the flagship mulitfx processor, the GT-1000. Build ambient pads, soaring leads and dirty bass sounds with the inuitive and easy to use editor, Boss Tone Studio. You can even download artist patches for free from Boss Tone Central. For those wanting to use their guitar/bass as an acoustic instrument emulator, check out the GR-55. You can even use your GK Ready instrument to control the SY-1000 and another GK device simultaneaously with the GKP-2 Parallel Cable. The SY-1000 comes with a 3 year warranty and lifetime tech support with myself". GAK's Roland/Boss Product Specialist, James Purvis.
Overview By GAK
The Boss SY-1000 is the ultimate guitar/bass synthesizer pedal available. When you connect a GK-Ready instrument or GK System, you can control the wide variety of sounds within this powerful synth module. It is perfect for guitar/bass players that want the sounds of a classic analogue synthesizer, but are unable to play a keyboard. (For users wanting to emulate acoutisc/classical instruments should check out the GR-55).
The SY-1000 has three oscillators, which can be layered on top of eachother and edited independently to make the most full, phat and atmospheric synth sounds possible with a guitar. You can even layer the sound of the pickups from your guitar with these 3 oscillators, so you can keep the voice of your original instrument too.
The power of this pedal doesn't stop there, with two 16 step sequencers that are independently programmable, you can trigger riffs, phrases and licks with just one note. You are in full control of the rhythm, tempo and pattern for each sequencer, plus you can even play on top of them for good measure too.
Once you have created your ideal synth patch, you can then continue to scuplt your tone with the enormous variety of editing options within the effects section. It has all the effects that are within the flagship GT-1000, meaning they are incredibly high quality and easy to programme.
It can seemlessly integrate with your studio setup, as it has it's own USB Audio/MIDI interface, as well as MIDI In/Out ports to sync with external instruments. Using the MIDI interface, you can play your stringed instrument and trigger the sounds of your favourite Soft Synths in your DAW and even the sounds in any hardware instruments that have a MIDI In port. The two sequencers can even control external instrument too!
Connect the SY-1000 to the optional GK-3, GK-3B and GK-KIT-GT3 (all sold separately) to unleash the full capabilites of the synth pedal. You can even get a great deal on your desired GK set up from our GK Bundle Deals.
The Boss SY-1000 is a breakthrough creation machine that transforms your guitar or bass rig with limitless sound design options. This powerhouse music tool opens a bold new chapter in the legacy of BOSS guitar synth innovation, fusing decades of R&D with our latest software and hardware advancements. Backed by a cutting-edge sound engine, high-octane DSP, and evolved GK technology, the SY-1000 delivers the finest performance and most organic playing experience to date.
Three simultaneous instruments and premium processing let you craft any sound you can imagine—intense analog-style leads, warm pads, moving synth textures, modelled electric and acoustic tones, or all at once. And with freely configurable footswitches, outputs, and external controls, you can maximise the hardware for any workflow. Sonically vast and deeply expressive, the SY-1000 is an infinite well of inspiration, energising your musical vision with endless possibilities.
A New Era of Guitar Synth Innovation: The SY-1000 is the most advanced guitar/bass synth we've ever made, hands down. Custom DSP delivers six times the processing muscle of the SY-300, and the newly developed sound engine leverages the power of GK independent string processing for ultra-articulate performance, lightning-fast response, instantly variable tuning, sound panning/layering, and much more.
Deep Sound Design Tools: A standard SY-1000 patch includes three simultaneous instruments—each with a number of distinctive types to choose from—and you can combine and layer them for an endless range of sounds. Fed by the 13-pin GK input, every instrument offers an extensive set of parameters for tone shaping, mixing, and tuning. A normal ¼-inch input is available as well, letting you blend regular guitar/bass pickup sounds alongside the three instruments.
Ultra-Expressive Dynamic Synth: The all-new Dynamic Synth takes guitar synthesis further than it's ever gone. GK processing and speedy DSP track your instrument's characteristics with precision detail, allowing you to craft sounds never before possible. Choose from ten oscillator waveforms—sine, triangle, PWM, three saw types (including Roland's famous supersaw), and more. Then shape the sound with six different filters, amplifier control, two LFOs, and two powerful step sequencers. Optimum performance is realized with the GK input, but it's also possible to play the Dynamic Synth via the normal guitar/bass input.
Two Step Sequencers Bring Sounds to Life: After shaping a basic sound with the Dynamic Synth, the fun's just starting—with two step sequencers, you can infuse it with movement to create complex textures that pulse, breathe, and groove. Each sequencer features 16 customizable steps that control pitch, filter, and amplitude independently. Better still, every step includes 13 different envelope curves for unprecedented sonic control. And by stacking three Dynamic Synths together, you can build massive moving sounds with three oscillators and six separate step sequencers!
OSC Synth and GR-300: Complementing the powerful Dynamic Synth are two additional synth instruments. OSC Synth is an analog-style engine with lots of filter options, full ADSR control, and high-definition sound with the discrete GK input. Also included is a perfect sonic recreation of the Roland GR-300, the legendary 1980s analog guitar synth used by some of the world's most influential guitarists.
Advanced Guitar/Bass Modeling and Poly FX: The SY-1000 doesn't stop at synthesis—it also features refreshed instrument modeling derived from historic BOSS and Roland GK gear. A large selection of electric, acoustic, and bass guitar types are available, each with independent tuning, EQ, virtual amp settings, and more. There's also a highly expressive VIO Guitar instrument, which alters the input signal's envelope and harmonic characteristics to create tones reminiscent of bowed instruments. Finally, the cool Poly FX instrument delivers richly textured voices with high-res definition only possible with GK processing.
Flagship-Class Effects and Interface: The SY-1000's signal processing and user interface are derived from BOSS's flagship GT-1000 multi-effects, lauded for its exceptional audio quality and simple operation. Shape sounds any way you like with a huge palette of effects, plus ultra-responsive guitar and bass amps. Quickly edit instruments and effects, change routings, create parallel chains, and more via the large LCD and hands-on knobs. And to speed up your patch workflow even more, you can save favorite instrument and effect setups in ready-to-go Variation libraries.
Configurable Control: By default, the SY-1000's eight footswitches select patches, banks, and two control assignments. But you can easily reassign them to nearly any function you want. There's also a Manual mode for fast on/off access to the three instruments and normal input. Up to four external footswitches or two expression pedals are supported, and MIDI I/O is provided as well. The Main and Sub outputs are normally used for mixed stereo signals, but can also be configured as four discrete outputs, complete with dedicated EQ on each. And with the moveable effects loop, you can smoothly integrate all your external gear.
Record Tracks and Play MIDI Instruments via USB: The SY-1000's USB audio/MIDI interface opens a world of creative options with your favorite DAW. With the GK input, you're able to record each of your instrument's strings to separate audio tracks, either processed live or captured dry for later "re-synth” processing through the SY-1000. And with the Guitar-to-MIDI/Bass-to-MIDI function, you can use your axe to play soft synths, record MIDI sequences, input notation data, and more.
- BOSS’s most powerful guitar/bass synth and modeling processor ever
- Next-generation synth engine with custom DSP and 48 kHz/32-bit processing throughout
- Unprecedented sound and expression with three simultaneous instrument types and advanced real-time signal processing
- Each instrument provides pitch, level, and panning of each string for instant alternate tunings and wide, layered voicings
- New Dynamic Synth perfectly follows the guitar’s natural envelope for uncompromised tone shaping
- Dynamic Synth includes two 16-part step sequencers for evolving control of pitch, filter, and amplitude
- Newly refreshed versions of historic BOSS/Roland guitar synth and modeling technologies: OSC Synth, GR-300, E.Guitar, E.Bass, Acoustic, VIO Guitar, and Poly FX
- New sound engine and GK 13-pin interface deliver clear, dynamic sound and precision tracking with zero latency
- Normal ¼-inch guitar/bass input for blending and Dynamic Synth processing
- Premium effects and amps derived from the flagship GT-1000
- Large LCD and intuitive editing interface for free-flowing sound creation
- Eight freely assignable footswitches, external control support, effects loop, and configurable Main/Sub outputs
- USB Audio/MIDI and MIDI I/O, plus Guitar-to-MIDI/Bass-to-MIDI function
- Dedicated Guitar and Bass modes
- Customize sounds with the BOSS Tone Studio editor and download pro patches at BOSS Tone Central
- Roland GK-compatible pickup and 13-pin cable required for full access to all synth and modeling features
- Instruments parts - 3 parts
- Instruments types
- [Guitar mode]
- - Guitar synthesizer: 3 types (DYNAMIC SYNTH, OSC SYNTH, GR-300)
- - Electric guitar + Amp modeling: (Guitar = 13 types, Amp = 31 types)
- - Acoustic + Amp modeling: (Acoustic = 10 types, Amp = 31 types)
- - Bass + Amp modeling: (Bass = 3 types, Amp = 31 types)
- - Vio guitar modeling: 13 types
- - Poly FX: 5 types
- [Bass mode]
- - Bass synthesizer: 3 types (DYNAMIC SYNTH, OSC SYNTH, ANALOG GR)
- - Bass + Amp modeling: (Bass = 11 types, Amp = 31 types)
- - AC bass + Amp modeling: (AC bass = 1 type, Amp = 31 types)
- - Electric guitar + Amp modeling: (Guitar = 3 types, Amp = 31 types)
- - Poly FX: 5 types
- Alternate Tuning
- [Guitar mode]
- - OPEN (D, E, G, A), DROP (D to A), D-MODAL, NASHVILLE, SHIFT (-12 to +12), USER, 12-string guitar function
- [Bass mode]
- - SHIFT (-12 to +12), USER, 12-string bass function
- Effects - Over 150 types
- Patch Memory
- - Guitar mode: 200 (Preset) + 200 (User)
- - Bass mode: 200 (Preset) + 200 (User)
- AD Conversion
- - Divided Pickup: 32 bits + AF method
- - Normal Pickup: 32 bits + AF method
- * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion - 32 bits
- Sample Rate - 48 kHz
- Normal Input Level
- - GUITAR INPUT: -10 dBu
- - RETURN: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level
- - GUITAR INPUT: +16 dBu
- - RETURN: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance
- - GUITAR INPUT: 1 MΩ
- - RETURN: 1 MΩ
- Normal Output Level
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/PHONES, R/MONO): -10 dBu
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R/MONO): -10 dBu
- S- END: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/PHONES, R/MONO): 44 Ω
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R/MONO): 1 kΩ
- - SEND: 1 kΩ
- Recommended Load Impedance
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 kΩ or greater
- *Phones: 44 Ω or greater
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R/MONO): 10 kΩ or greater
- - SEND: 10 kΩ or greater
- - BANK DOWN switch, BANK UP switch, CTL1--2 switches, 1--4 switches, POWER switch, INST button, EFFECTS button, CTL button, EXIT button, WRITE button, SYSTEM button, PAGE button
- - 1--6 knobs, OUTPUT LEVEL knob
- Display - Graphic LCD (512 x 160 dots, backlit LCD)
- - GK IN connector: 13-pin DIN type
- - GUITAR INPUT jack, SEND jack, RETURN jack, MAIN OUTPUT (L/PHONES, R/MONO) jacks, SUB OUTPUT (L, R/MONO) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- - CTL3, 4/EXP1 jack, CTL5, 6/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - USB COMPUTER port: USB B type (supports High-Speed USB, USB Audio, and USB MIDI)
- - MIDI (IN, OUT/THRU) connectors
- - DC IN jack
- Power Supply - AC adaptor
- Current Draw - 800 mA
- - AC adaptor(PSB-1U + AC Cord Set)
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately)
- - Divided pickup: GK-3 (for guitar), GK-3B (for bass guitar)
- - GK cable: GKC-5 (5 m, 15 feet), GKC-10 (10 m, 30 feet)
- - Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
- - Expression Pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
- - Unit selector: Roland US-20
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width - 345 mm, 13-5/8 inches
- - Depth - 245 mm, 9-11/16 inches
- - Height - 67 mm, 2-11/16 inches
- - Weight (excluding AC adaptor) - 2.5 kg, 5 lbs 9 oz
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Boss SY-1000 Guitar/Bass Synthesizer Pedal
- Roland GK-KIT-GT3 Divided Pickup Kit
- Roland GKC-5 GK 13-Pin Cable, 15ft/4.5m
No upgrades available