British Drum Co Merlin Snare Drum, 14x5.5in
The Merlin Snare Drum, 14x5.5in
Winner for the Music Industry Association Award for "Highly Recommended" under the Percussion Category for the Trusted Music Store Award 2016.
The Merlin, with a hefty 20ply, 10.5mm thick shell struck from our perfect recipe of maple and birch. With its 45 degree super smooth edges and 1.8mm hand cut snare beds, its lustrous silky matt finish makes the Merlin fit perfectly into any musical situation. A favourite amongst pro drummers, the Merlin has gained recognition as one of the top snare drums on the market today.
- Special Order optional sizes: 13 x 5.5/6.5, 12 x 5.5/6.5, 10 x 5.5/6.5
- All our snare drums now feature our new Palladium snare lug. Designed around the Art-Deco period our new lug gives life to a new identity to be proud of.
- All snare drums are fitted with our British traditional snare strainer and our snare straps which help give a smoother on-off action. All hoops are 2.3mm triple flange for a more responsive feel and all tension rods are fitted with a 3mm thick black nylon washer to aid smoother tuning and reduce the chance of de-tuning.
- - Shell: Maple and birch, 10.5 mm, 20 ply
- - Bearing edges: Hand cut, 45-degree
- - Snare beds: Hand cut, 1.8 mm deep
- - Batter hoop: Triple flange, 2.3 mm
- - Snare hoop: Triple flange, 2.3 mm
- - Lugs: 10 Diamond chrome-plated Palladium snare lugs
- - Batter head: Remo coated Ambassador
- - Resonate head: Remo Hazy snare
- - Snare strainer: BDC Smooth action strainer
- - Feature: Nyloc lug insert to prevent de-tuning
- - Finish: Merlin
No upgrades available