Carl Martin PlexiRanger Overdrive Pedal
Introducing, the Carl Martin PlexiRanger... When we look back to the glory days of rock guitar (mid 60's to mid 70's), some of the most popular amplifier set-ups were British Marshalls and Vox's... Often with multi-speaker cabinets. Players like Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Brian May etc, carved their signature sounds on stage and in the studio with these rigs, and in order to deal with the over-powering bottom end, they made use of 'The Treble Booster'.
Treble Boosters add top end or higher frequencies to the guitar tone, and depending on how the amp is set up, some much desired overdrive. As much as companies like Dallas (Rangemaster) and Hornby Skewes (Treble Booster) were solving a bottom-end problem, they had also created a new sound pallette! Carl decided it was time to re-introduce this sound with the PlexiRanger! And leave it to Carl to add a gain channel along with the boost channel for a one-of-a-kind fx pedal!
- Plexi-style Drive plus Dual-Boost(Clean- & Frequency-Boost)
- 3-in-1 pedal design: Clean Boost,Frequency Boost, Plexi-style Drive
- Use Boost- and Drive-channel in seriesor independently
- Combine Boost and Drive fortremendous gain and violin-like sustain
- Cut through any mix either on stageor in the studio
- Boost channel features two parallelcircuits: Clean- and Frequency-Boost
- Clean- and Frequency-Boost eachprovides up to +15dB of gain
- Mix Clean- and Frequency-Boost tocreate your specific Boost-tone
- “Freq” control to select specificboost frequency (250 Hz – 5 kHz)
- Additional low-cut option on Boost-channelwith 3 switchable settings
- Use Frequency-Boost and Low-cut toremove “bottom-end problems” on high-gain sounds
- Drive Channel: Gain, Tone, Level
- Dual-Boost Channel: Clean BoostLevel, Frequency Boost Level (“Range”), Frequency control (“Freq”), Low Cut(3-way switch)
- Remote socket for remote switchingof Boost-channel
- 12V internal voltage for higherdynamic overdrive tones
- Top mounted input and output
- Power requirements: 9VDC, 100 mA
- Power Supply not included
- Buffered Bypass
- Designed by Carl Martin Denmark
Great OD combines with flexible boost. Love it!