Charvel DK24 2PT HH, Gloss Black
Charvel DK24 2PT HH, Gloss Black Overview.Charvel turns modern high performance on its head with the new Pro-Mod DK24 HH 2PT CM, a brazen instrument for the progressive guitarist searching for an unparalleled spectrum of sound.
Featuring a sculpted shredder’s cut heel and a scalloped lower back bout for easy upper access to the fingerboard, the alder body in the classic Dinky™ style is cloaked in several stage-stealing finishes — Gloss Black, Matte Blue Frost, Satin Burgundy Mist or ThreeTone Sunburst.
The bolt-on caramelized maple “speed” neck has graphite reinforcement, silky-smooth hand-rubbed urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and Luminlay® side dots. Its 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features comfortable rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets, pearloid dot inlays and Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut.
Brimming with versatility courtesy of the mini two-way toggle switch for series and parallel, this axe features an HH pickup configuration consisting of a direct mount Custom Seymour Duncan® Full Shred SH-10B bridge pickup and direct mount Seymour Duncan® Alnico II Pro APH-1N neck pickup. The bridge pickup radiates a crisp top-end with low-end articulation, while the neck pickup has incredible range with soaring highs and silky lows.
Blending sophisticated style with assertive tone, the DK24 HH 2PT CM also offers premium modern features such as a five-way blade pickup switch, Stratocaster®-style skirt knobs for the volume (with 500K EVH® Bourns® low-friction potentiometer) and no-load tone controls, Gotoh® Custom 510 recessed tremolo bridge, locking tuners, chrome hardware and more.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss
- Body Shape Dinky™
- Neck Material 2-Piece Caramelized Maple
- Neck Finish Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets 24
- Frets Size Jumbo
- String Nut Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays 4mm Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup Seymour Duncan Custom Full Shred SH-10B
- Neck Pickup Seymour Duncan Custom Full Shred SH-10B
- Controls Volume (500K EVH® Bourns Low Friction Pot), No-Load Tone
- Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HSS
- Bridge Gotoh® Custom 510 Tremolo Bridge
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Pickguard None
- Control Knobs Strat® Style
- StringsNPS, .009-.042 Gauges
Absolutely knocked out with this guitar. I'm not a shredder and this guitar will do that if you want to. However, it's the range of tones, versatility and sheer playability that make this a superb instrument for guitarists of many different styles. It's got pretty much all the features and hardware of the USA model which, is over 3 times the price. I normally get all my new guitars professionally set up but I really don't think I need to with this. Action, intonation and trem set were all fine out of the box. The only thing I had to do was clean the strings with Dr Stringfellows and change the strap buttons for something smaller to fit my straplocks. :) :) NOTE: I did get the guitar set up in the end as the intonation did prove to be out and it is even more playable now.