Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature Model (Birdseye Top) (B-STOCK)
There is an unusual looking mark on the back of the guitar which appears to be under the hand-rubbed finish. Not a flaw as such (this shipped to us from Charvel as 'A' stock) but even so we can offer it at an amazing one-off deal price!
One of the most eagerly awaited guitars in a long time! An awesome guitar for an awesome player, the Guthrie Govan signature model is both stripped down yet highly functional. Featuring a new single-locking Floyd Rose trem, HSH pickups designed by Michael Frank-Braun and a choice of Flame or Birdseye Maple top.
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear him. After two years in meticulous development working closely with the man himself, Charvel is profoundly pleased to introduce the ultimate ultra-pro guitar'the Guthrie Govan Signature model. With so many special features and high-performance appointments, it's truly the ideal expression of Govan's artistry rendered in distinctive Charvel form.
The San Dimas body has a beautiful bird's-eye maple or flame maple top, with a thin clear matte finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is quartersawn flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the compound-radius (12"-16") flame-maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 extra jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MFB pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, two notched control knobs (master volume, master tone) with brass position markers set into the body, recessed original-style NOS Floyd Rose® tremolo bridge with Tremol-NoGäó unit and oversized brass block, bone nut, chrome hardware and 25.5" scale length.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Body: Basswood with Bird's Eye Maple Top
- Neck Material: Caramelized 2-Piece Quartersawn Flame Maple with Graphite Reinforcement
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fretboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: Charvel Custom MFB Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Charvel Custom MFB Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Charvel Custom MFB Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Recessed Original-Style NOS Floyd Rose® Tremolo Bridge with Tremol-No™ Unit and Oversized Brass Block
- String Nut: Bone
- Unique Features:
- -Heel-Mounted Spoke-Wheel Truss Rod Adjustment
- -Contoured Body Heel with Recessed Neck Attachment Ferrules (No Neck Plate)
- -Maple (with Ebony Border) Face Dot Position Inlays and Black Side Dots
- -Gotoh® Strap Buttons
- -Knurled Chrome Dome Control Knobs
- -Brass Control Position Marker Inlays in the Body
- -Side-Mounted Oval Output Jack
- -Low-Friction Potentiometers