Charvel MJ Guthrie Govan Signature San Dimas SD24, Three-Tone Sunburst
Charvel MJ Guthrie Govan Signature San Dimas SD24
Guthrie Govan is one of the most renowned modern guitarists, thanks to his incendiary technique, incredible versatility and undeniable musicality. The Charvel Guthrie Govan SD24 is a high-performance solid-body electric guitar that’s built to Govan’s exact specifications.
The Charvel Guthrie Govan SD24 has a San Dimas-style body made from basswood, and an Ash top. The body has been carefully contoured to deliver maximum playing comfort and a balanced, resonant, and transparent natural tone.
The caramelised maple neck and fretboard complement the body, providing crispness and clarity. The Speed Neck profile is perfect for playing lightning-fast runs, and the sculpted neck heel makes it easy to access the upper frets, while the satin finish provides a smooth playing experience.
The fretboard has 24 Jumbo frets and a 12"-16" compound radius that flattens out as you climb the neck, which means you get the best of both worlds - chunky, comfortable chording at the lower end of the neck and effortless bending at the dusty end. It’s like a combination of a classic Gibson neck that gradually morphs into a speedy Super Strat.
The Charvel MJ Guthrie Govan Signature has been equipped with a versatile HSH pickup configuration that can pull off everything, from crisp funk, crunchy blues, filthy metal, and everything in between.
There’s a universe of tones at your disposal thanks to the custom-wound pickups, 5-way blade switch and 2-way mini-toggle switch. A mini-toggle switch is a powerful tool as it gives you authentic-sounding single-coil tones from the bridge and neck humbuckers. When combined with the middle pickup, you can achieve those iconic in-between Strat-style tones.
The Guthrie Govan San Dimas SD24 is part of the MJ series, which harkens back to when Charvel guitars were exclusively made in Japan during the late '80s. There’s no doubting this guitar’s stunning craftsmanship and premium build quality.
Like any modern professional instrument worth its salt, the Guthrie Govan San Dimas SD24 is kitted out with top-notch hardware. The recessed locking tremolo bridge, Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut and Gotoh die-cast locking tuners mean you can go from subtle Gilmour-Esque vibrato to extreme Van Halen divebombs and be confident that it’ll return to rock-solid tuning. The tremolo system also features a robust pop-in arm and a brass block for enhanced sustain.
The Charvel MJ Guthrie Govan Signature features Luminlay side dots and numbered dome knobs which let you see where you’re at in low light conditions.
The Charvel Guthrie Govan San Dimas SD24 demands your attention if you’re in the market for an inspiring, high-performance electric guitar.
- Color: Three-Tone Sunburst
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Series: MJ
- Fingerboard Material: Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Crème Dots
- Side Dots: Luminlay®
- String Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Shape: San Dimas® Style 1
- Body Top: Ash
- Bridge: Recessed Charvel® Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style Luminlay® Numbered
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Neck Plate: None - 4-Bolt Sculpted Heel
- Pickup Covers: Brown
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Switch Tip: Black
- Tremolo Arm: Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Way Mini-Toggle to Engage Single-Coil Simulation in Bridge (Pos 1) and Neck (Pos 5) Humbucker Positions
- Bridge Pickup: Charvel® Custom Humbucking
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Middle Pickup: Charvel® Custom Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Charvel® Custom Humbucking
- Pickup Configuration: HSH
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Outer Coil, Position 4. Middle and Neck Outer Coil, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Dimensions: 5.00x16.00x42.00 IN
- Fret Size: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Unique Features: Side Mounted Jack, Luminlay® side-dots
No upgrades available