Charvel Pro-Mod DK22 SSS 2PT CM, Caramelized Maple Fingerboard, Pharaohs Gold
Charvel Pro-Mod DK22 SSS 2PT Overview.
Charvel continues to up the ante for modern high performance combined with standout style and full-spectrum tone with the Pro-Mod DK22 SSS 2PT CM, a sleek new instrument designed especially for a new breed of player whose musical vision and versatility knows no boundaries. Featuring a sculpted shredder's cut heel and scalloped lower back bout for comfortable and unencumbered upper fret access, the Dinky alder body is paired with a graphite-reinforced bolt-on caramelized maple neck for rock-solid stability. The baked neck has a silky-smooth hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back for sublime playability, Luminlay side dots to guide your way along the fretboard on dark stages and a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel for quick and painless neck relief tweaks. Designed for high-speed playing, its 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features comfortable rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets, pearloid dot inlays and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut.
Routed for an SSS pickup configuration, this axe combines a Seymour Duncan Custom Hot Rails Strat SHR-1B humbucking bridge pickup, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil middle pickup and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP single-coil neck pickup for plenty of glassy, vintage-style timbre with classic Strat chime.
The Pro-Mod DK22 SSS 2PT CM hosts other premium modern features including a five-way blade pickup switch, Stratocaster-style skirt knobs for the volume (500K EVH Bourns low friction potentiometer) and no-load tone controls, Gotoh Custom 510 tremolo bridge, die-cast tuners and more.
Designed with head-turning style, the all-new DK22 SSS 2PT CM is available in Electric Blue, Gloss Black and Pharaohs Gold with chrome hardware. The Gloss Black model features matte black pickup bobbins and black control knobs, while the Electric Blue and Pharaohs Gold models feature matte parchment pickup bobbins and parchment knobs.
Charvel Pro-Mod DK22 SSS 2PT Specs:
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Offset Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Hot Rails Strat SHR-1B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot), No-Load Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Gotoh Custom 510 Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Control Knobs: Stratocaster-Style Skirt
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Luminlay Side Dots