Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV, Metallic Black
For the seasoned player who defies the status quo and demands more from a high-performance hot rod bass, the brand-new Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ IV does it all by combining modern appointments with throwback Charvel DNA.
The sleek alder body shape is a familiar one—straight from the original Charvel San Dimas basses of late 1970s, with the deeper cutaway that gave adventurous bassists effortless upper-register access.
The super-thin bolt-on maple Charvel speed neck is crafted in the original style, with a gorgeous caramelized treatment, graphite reinforcement and heel-mount truss rod wheel for easy adjustment. The 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard gradually flattens from nut to heel for fast, smooth playing, and has rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and Luminlay side dots.
And like the originals, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass PJ V features the powerhouse voice of DiMarzio pickups—a Model J at the bridge for well-rounded punch and a Model P in the middle for warm and fat tone with a mid-range growl when pushed. Versatile electronics include three-band active EQ, pickup blend control and a master volume control with push/pull selector. The push/pull selector eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery as a quick pull on the volume knob bypasses the EQ's active circuit and regains sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
A Charvel HiMass bridge, Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut and open-gear tuners combine for stellar tuning stability with improved note punch and sustain.This 4-string bass is presented in Metallic Black or Platinum Pearl finishes with chrome hardware, black pickup covers and licensed Fender Precision Bass headstock shape.
- Four-string model with 34” scale length
- Alder body
- Bolt-on caramelized maple “slim C” speed neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Luminlay side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- DiMarzio Model J DP123 bridge and DiMarzio Model P DP122 middle pickups, each with black covers
- Active electronics
- Master volume control with push/pull selector to engage or bypass active EQ circuit, pickup blend control and three-band active EQ (bass, mid and treble) controls
- Charvel HiMass bridge
- Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut, open-gear tuners, vintage-style disc string tree, and oversized strap buttons
- Available in Metallic Black or Platinum Pearl with chrome hardware and licensed Fender Precision Bass headstock shape