Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 2 HH HT Ash, 7-String, Charcoal Gray
Average rating / 5
PRO-MOD SAN DIMAS® STYLE 2-7 HH HT ASH, CHARCOAL GRAYPedigreed shredders from the ‘80s, Pro-Mod San Dimas® guitars are packed with high-speed playability and innovative design elements. Tweaked and refined for modern players looking for an even wider sonic palette, the San Dimas Style 2-7 HH HT Ash marks the only seven-string axe in the current lineup and it comes loaded with premium features.
This model features an ash body coupled with a two-piece bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement rods for rock-solid stability, despite the ravages of the road and climate. Engineered for delightful and highly-expressive playing, this guitar has a speed neck profile, a 12”-16” compound radius rosewood fingerboard with hand-rubbed urethane gel back finish, 24 jumbo frets, offset dot inlays and a convenient thumbwheel truss rod butt-adjust for easy access.
Hot-rodded for unparalleled performance, articulate tone and volcanic sound, it is equipped with a high-output Seymour Duncan® Nazgûl humbucking bridge pickup and a Seymour Duncan Sentient humbucking neck pickup, controlled with a three-way blade. The volume control hides a push/pull coil split for even more highly useful tonal variations, ideal for everything from a biting lead sound to thick, chunky rhythm work, while the No-Load tone control operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, removing itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound, letting the full natural voice of the guitar shine through.
Also equipped with a Charvel® HT7 string-through-body hardtail bridge, providing endless sustain with laser intonation.
Available in Charcoal Gray with black hardware.
- Body Shape: Style 2
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 2-Piece Maple with Graphite reinforcement
- Neck Binding: None
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Headstock: Standard Stratocaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt (recessed)
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® '59™ SH1N Humbucking
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Coil Split), No-Load Tone Circuit
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
- -Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2: Both inner coils
- -Position 3:Neck Pickup
- With split engaged:
- -Position 1: Bridge outer coil
- -Position 2: Both outer coils
- -Position 3: Neck outer coil
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Double Locking Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Charvel® Branded Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges