Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR E, Ebony Fingerboard, Satin Orange Blaze
Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR Overview.
The Pro-Mod So-Cal is a stunning high-octane axe, fueled by four decades of guitarist’s requests for a hot-rodded high-performance guitar with the latest and greatest features. Paying homage to its 1980s Southern California roots, the So-Cal blends vintage-style appointments with the classic playability and innovative design elements that have made Charvel a legendary name. More comfortable than an overstuffed armchair, the So-Cal body is sleekly sculpted out of alder and paired with a rock-solid bolt-on maple neck with a pair of graphite reinforcement rods to handle the ravages of the road and climate. A conveniently located heel-mount spoke wheel allows for rapid truss rod tweaks, even in between songs. Engineered for effortlessly nimble playing, the speed neck profile and 12"-16" compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets is perfect for all styles of play — from low end riffing to soaring leads with worry-free upper-register bends.
Hot-rodded for unparalleled performance and versatile sound, this instrument hosts a high-output Seymour Duncan® Distortion TB-6 humbucking bridge pickup and a warm, fat Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N humbucking neck pickup for killer tone. The volume control hides a push/pull coil split for even more highly useful tonal variations, ideal for everything from a biting lead sound to thick, chunky rhythm work. The no-load tone control operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, removing itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound, letting the full natural voice of the guitar shine through. Scream or rumble with the Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo system without sacrificing tuning stability or the pinpoint intonation.
Born from a love of high-speed playing and designed to inspire, the So-Cal Style 1 HH FR E is available in a Deep Purple Metallic, Gloss Black or Satin Orange Blaze finish with a maple headstock, black pickguard and black hardware.
Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR:
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: So-Cal
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Distortion TB-6
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Distortion SH-6N
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Coil Split), No-Load Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Both Inner Coils, Position 3. Neck Pickup - (Split Engaged) - Position 1. Bridge Outer Coil, Position 2. Both Outer Coils, Position 3. Neck Outer Coil
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)