Cordoba 12 Electro Acoustic Classical (Cedar)
The 12 Natural belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8"). With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
Additional features include cutaway and non-cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The 12 Natural is built with a solid Canadian cedar top or European spruce top paired with mahogany back and sides. The rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings, and it features 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling for a sleek aesthetic. It also comes equipped with the Fishman Presys pickup. The fingerboard and bridge are rosewood, neck has 12 frets to the body, and comes with a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
- Top Solid European spruce or solid Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge Indian rosewood binding/Rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Rosette All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish High gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard Mahogany neck/Rosewood radiused fingerboard / Fusion (Crossover) Style Neck
- Truss Rod Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width 48mm (1 7/8")
- String Spacing at Saddle 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Number of Frets 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout
- Overall Length 38.75"
- Body Depth 88mm (3.5") at upper bout, 88mm (3.5") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics Fishman Presys, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard NA
- Case Cordoba gig bag