Cordoba GK Studio Electro Classical
The Cordoba GK Studio Electro-Acoustic Classical Guitar is a Gipsy Kings signature model that is packed with great features for players of all styles. Its thin body gives the GK pro a snappy sound that is ideal for Flamenco playing, while its neck has been thinned slightly which is great for players with smaller hands. The onboard Fishman Presys system lets you plug in your GK Studio for performances or for playing with a full band.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Top: Solid European spruce
- Back & Sides: Cypress
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood mosaic
- Finish: High gloss PU finish, honey amber tinted back and sides
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Rosewood fingerboard/ Cutaway-Electric Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 50mm (1.96")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to Body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, Flamenco style build, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 285mm (11.2") at upper bout, 370mm (14.6") at lower bout
- Overall Length: 39"
- Body Depth: 88mm (3.5") at upper bout, 89mm (3.5") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines : Cordoba Tuning Machines C7,GK
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: Clear Spanish golpeador
Really nice guitar and lovely tone. Quite easy to play as well with smaller neck size. Intonation is bang on. Plugged into my yamaha thr10 on both acoustic and flat mode sounds really nice. Hard to put down once you start playing it. I'm not a flamenco player but I like the bright snappy sounds of flamenco guitars and really you can play any style and it sounds gorgeous.
Had my heart set on a Cordoba and in the absence of being able to get out there and actually play a few, did a lot of online research before deciding on the GK Studio. Even then I initially placed an order with GAK for the Negra version, but called them up to change the order after comparing videos of Ben Woods playing an identical piece on both instruments and realising I preferred the more in-your-face voice of the Blanca version. Lovely guitar, plays and sounds even better than it looks. Arrived with action 4mm bass/3mm treble (measured at 12th fret), which is about right for classical but a bit high for flamenco, which I've now reduced to 3mm/2mm respectively by sanding 2mm off the bottom of the saddle. The Cordoba Gypsy Kings series Studio is a guitar with real character and pedigree for less than 600 quid. Stunning value and I love it.
Lovely looking guitar, fantastic sound. Fisherman tuner is very accurate and pickup is working really well. We really wanted to try out the Cordoba GK Pro and the Negra Pro to see the differences but this guitar is a great one both for studio and live performance. Many thanks to GAK