Cordoba GK Studio Limited Electro Classical
The GK Studio Limited offers a new spin on Cordoba’s ultimate gigging instrument. Based on the success of its sister models, the GK Studio Limited features a solid European spruce top and striking ziricote back and sides. Accented with olive green and gray highlights, ziricote provides a rich, smooth sound that fills a room. This nylon string guitar comes equipped with a soft cutaway and Fishman Presys Blend pickup. The GK Studio Limited is a flamenco guitar made for the stage, constructed with a slightly thinner body depth, neck, and nut width than a traditional Spanish guitar. The neck is designed to have little or no relief, offering low action for ease of comfort and quick playability. For flamenco players, this model offers a bassier and more robust tone in contrast to the bright, snappy sound of ‘blanca’ flamenco guitars, but any guitarist looking for a new tone to add to the repertoire will feel right at home with the GK Studio Limited.
With its comfortable body shape and unique tonewood combination, this model is the perfect choice for exploring the nuances in sound that can only be captured with nylon strings. Like every Cordoba guitar, this model also has a two-way truss rod built into the neck. Other premium features include a rosewood fingerboard and bridge, high gloss finish, clear flamenco-style tap plate, and Savarez Cristal Corum strings.
- Top Solid European spruce
- Back & Sides Ziricote
- Binding/Bridge Maple binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Rosette All natural inlaid wood mosaic
- Finish High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard Mahogany neck / Rosewood fingerboard / Cutaway-Electric Style Neck
- Truss Rod Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width 50mm (1.96")
- String Spacing at Saddle 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Number of Frets 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build Spanish fan bracing, Flamenco style build, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length 285mm (11.2") at upper bout, 370mm (14.6") at lower bout
- Overall Length 39"
- Body Depth 88mm (3.5") at upper bout, 89mm (3.5") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Tuning Machines C7, GK
- Strings Savarez Cristal Corum in High Tension 500CJ
- Electronics Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard Clear flamenco-style tap plate
Beautiful guitar, inspiring instrument. Lovely tone acoustically and amped.
It just plays beautifully, having spent years Michael Schenkering this is a great guitar for learning ‘ un poco compás flamenco ‘ and for my general teaching jobs. I actually love it: so light and a joy ‘Tocar’.
This is a really well built instrument and excellent value for the money. Its well set up and provides an authentic flamenco sound. The neck is a full width (52mm) with a flat board, which is great for myself as I mainly play classical guitar, if you're making the transition from steel strung or electric this might taking a bit of getting use to but it well worth the effort. The guitar comes with a padded gig bag with a neck support and the exotic wood used on the back and sides looks stunning and imparts a slightly darker side to the flamenco sound. Highly recommended