Cordoba Orchestra CE Electro Classical, Cedar
The Cordoba Orchestra CE belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style “classical” guitars and have a nut width of 48mm or 1 7/8”. With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional “classical” nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a “classical” guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Orchestra CE is built with the classic combination of a solid European spruce or Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body and an ebony fingerboard. The bridge and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. With mahogany binding and a high gloss PU finish, the Orchestra CE is the perfect blend of traditional materials with modern aesthetic touches. It comes equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag. Click here for a few tips on how to use the Fishman Presys Blend.
- Item ID: CD:05288 / SP:05289
- Top: Solid European spruce or Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Mahogany binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout/ 492mm (19.375") body length
- Overall Length: 38.75"
- Body Depth: 98mm (3.9") at upper bout, 99mm (3.9") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Cordoba gig bag