Darkglass Alpha-Omicron Dual Distortion Pedal
The Darkglass Alpha-Omicron is a dual distortion pedal and beautifully brutal with its distinct design, unparalleled versatility and shear display of brutality, the Alpha Omega is relentlessly carving a path to becoming the new standard for bass players in need of a pre-amplifier to be apologetically heard in any musical context.
With the Alpha Omega's popularity and momentum, Darkglass decided it was time for an uncompromising option to those in search of the same bone-crushing sound and flexibility but in a smaller, more affordable format.
It is our pleasure to introduce to you our new Alpha•Omicron. With the double distortion engine (Alpha and Omega), this latest creation from Darkglass Electronics can deliver the same harmonically rich, varied textures that its bigger brother can, but all at a fraction of the size and cost.
- Blend: Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bite Switch: Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl Switch: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.