Darkglass Microtubes B7K V2 Analog Bass Preamp Pedal
Darkglass Microtubes B7K V2 Product Overview by GAK
Darkglass have upgraded their innovative Bass Preamp pedal, delivering a pedal that provides crushing overdrive and super transparent modern sound. The B7K is known for keeping a true sound whilst further enhancing its presence.
You still get the impressive dynamic saturation circuit, EQ and balanced line drivers from the original, however the onboard controls have been tweaked to allow you to truly shape the tone to your specific needs. On the low mids you can now change the centre frequency from 1KHz to 500Hz and on the high mids you can change it from 3kHz to 1.5kHz.
Whether you're looking to use to B7K V2 in the studio or for live gigs, you will not find a better Bass Preamp pedal!
Darkglass Product OverviewTone crushing overdrive and super transparent modern sound is the essence of the B7K. One of the most acclaimed Darkglass pedals in the bass community, it doesn’t compromise the original sound of the instrument, but enhances its presence in the mix. B7K takes the powerful dynamic saturation circuit from the simple B3K CMOS Bass Drive pedal and then adds a 4-band active EQ, parallel output and balanced line driver for even greater versatility.
However, after being at the top of the field for nearly 7 years, Darkglass thought the time had come to implement some of the engineering tricks they have learned in their journey to give this much-loved pedal the upgrade it deserved. So, with the Microtubes B7K v2 you get all the features of the original, with the ability to even better sculpt your tone.
On the low mids you now have the option to change the center frequency from 1KHz to 500Hz and on the high mids you have the option to change the center frequency from 3kHz to 1.5kHz. This will enable you to tailor your absolute dream distortion tone.
The character and core of the Microtubes B7K V2 though remains exactly the same, still retaining the powerful dynamic saturation circuit, EQ and the balanced line driver as the original.
Designed for both studio and live use, the Microtubes B7K V2 will take your direct sound to a whole new level.
- Blend: Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven
- signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for ne control of the blend ratio.
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of saturation in the overdriven signal.
- Grunt Switch: Sets the amount of low frequency content to saturate by selecting between three different bass boost levels before the
- clipping stage.
- Attack Switch: Sets the amount of treble content to saturate: The “Boost” setting emphasizes the treble content extra clarity and presence.
- The “Flat” position leaves this register untouched while the “Cut” position will reduce the amount of high frequencies being saturated.
- Frequencies: Low +-12dB @ 100Hz | Low Mids: +-12dB @ 1kHz Hi Mids: +-12dB @ 3 kHz | Treble: +-12dB @ 5kHz
- Low Mids Switch: this switch change the center frequency of the Low Mids from 1kHz to 500Hz.
- Hi Mids Switch: this switch change the center frequency of the Hi Mids from 3kHz to 1.5kHz.
- Parallel Output: A passthrough for your input signal, useful for parallel processing.
- Direct Output: A balanced version of the 1⁄4” output, useful for running into PA’s or studio mixing console