Darkglass Vintage Deluxe V3 Bass Preamp Pedal
The Darkglass Vintage Deluxe V3 - Classic Tone, Redefined
The Vintage series of pedals from Darkglass are perfect for those players who want that classic, warm and tube-like overdriven bass tone that is so familiar in many styles of music from the past five decades.
The Vintage Deluxe takes the same great and highly sought-after tone circuit from the Vintage Microtubes pedal, then adds a 4-band active EQ, parallel output and a balanced line driver (DI), while the additional Grunt and Attack switches sit right before the clipping stage and boosts the low and high end respectively, right before your signal heads into the drive section. This adds additional levels of saturation and/or emphasis for even more tonal variation.
For the latest Vintage Deluxe V3 version, we wanted to simply add a couple of very useful extra features for tone shaping:
- Low mid frequency switch: the “Lo Mid” control now has a dedicated switch to shift its corner frequency one octave. So in addition to the standard 1kHz, you now also get 12dB of cut/boost at 500Hz.
- High mid frequency switch: the “Hi Mid” control has now a dedicated switch to shift its corner frequency one octave. So in addition to the standard 3kHz, you now also get 12dB of cut/boost at 1.5kHz.
With these new V3 features added to the Deluxe model, you really have as much control as you will ever need to get amazing bass tones and the pedal really does deliver the natural dynamic response and organic compression of classic tube amps and tape machines, fitting five decades of legendary tones into a package that will fit right into your gig bag.
- Vintage Microtubes classic overdrive circuit
- Attack and Grunt frequency emphasis switches
- Clean to Distortion Blend control
- 4 Band EQ, 4 selectable mid points
- Parallel output
- Balanced XLR output
- Switchable ground lift
- Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU
- -(9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~30mA current draw)