DW Design Series Frequent Flyer Shell Pack (Cherry Stain Lacquer)
At DW, behind every great drum set is a great drum set. DW have taken their custom drum-making experience and infused it into a professional, quality drum kit that sets a new standard for quality and affordability. Design Series is a DW kit through and through. From the newly-designed mini Turret lug, to Remo USA-made Suede "outline" logo heads, to a sleek silver and white badge, its looks are fresh and decidedly familiar. Add to that, custom-inspired features such as three durable Specialty Lacquer finishes, STM (Suspension Tom Mounts), True-Pitch Tuning, MAG throw-off, low-mass die cast claw hooks, and more. Last, but certainly not least, there's the sound. These are thicker shells that pack a punch. Incorporating HVLT (Vertical Low Timbre shell with a horizontal outer ply), Design Series all-maple shells are full, resonant, and responsive.
GO PLACES Peter Erskine approached the DW design team with a novel question,"What if there was a travel kit that didn't sound like a travel kit?" Seems obvious enough, but the minds at DW had never tackled the quandary head-on, as it wasn't a simple task. So they went to work on a kit that was just small enough to be travel-friendly, but also substantial enough to sound like a 'real' drum set should. After, literally, years of R&D and discussion, the sizes were agreed upon: a 12x20in bass drum with low-mass spurs and lightweight ratchet bass drum mount, an 11x14in floor tom, a traditional 8x12in rack tom with STM, and a matching 5x14in snare drum. The kit also comes standard with True-Pitch tension rods, MAG throw-off, True-Tone snare wires and DW Heads by Remo.
The kit is offered in two finishes: a durable White Onyx FinishPly and a gloss lacquer Tobacco Burst. As is the case with all Design Series drums, the shells consist solely of North American maple with no reinforcement hoops. Lightweight 6000 Series hardware, including the new Ultralight cymbal stand, perfectly compliments the set and is sold separately (see related items).
Please note: hardware stands and cymbals not included. Image for illustrative purposes only to give an idea of finish.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 1x 8x12in Rack Tom (includes STM mount)
- 1x 11x14in Floor Tom (includes legs)
- 1x 12x20in Bass Drum (includes BDM mount)
- 1x 5x14in Snare Drum
- Good and the DW Custom Shell Shop in California bring you HVLT, the same technology that is standard on our latest Collector's Series Cherry drums. HVLT grain orientation and slightly thicker 1/32in plies of North American maple are a potent combination that delivers a full tonal spectrum, attack, punch, and sonic versatility. Design Series shells are tailored for just about every style of music.
- Design Series 8in toms feature a 7-ply HVLT construction, while the snares feature 10-ply HVX, and the 10-18in, along with all bass drums, feature 8-ply HVLT construction.
- DW Design Series Frequent Flyer drums are offered in two classic finishes:
- -White Onyx FinishPly
- -Tobacco Burst (UV-Gloss Lacquer)
- <span style="font-size: 80%;">
- Images appearing herein are examples and may only approximate the appearance of an actual product.
- Due to the nature of wood as a unique and organic material, imperfections or variations in wood grain or color will vary.
- Computer monitors vary in their display of colors and details and may only approximate the appearance of an actual product.
- Design Series are available exclusively with Chrome Standard Triple Flange Hoops to give your drums a great versatile sound. Steel Triple Flange Hoops come in graduated weights (1.6mm for 8 & 10in toms, 2.3mm for 12-18in toms and snare).
- DW's patented STM (suspension tom mount) system allows drums to vibrate freely, allowing maximum resonance while securely holding the drum in place. Because there are no washers or grommets inhibiting the lug rod receiver, choking is reduced and tuning is as easy as ever. (U.S. Patent #5520083)
- Design Series comes with the MAG throw-off finished in Chrome. A purposefully simple design, the MAG (U.S. Patent No. 7,902,444) is a workhorse drop throw-off with horizontal tension adjustment and smooth, easy-adjust action. It gets its name from a clever magnet that's integrated into the body of the throw-off. When the handle is in the up position, it won't release without a slight tug. When it does release it throws the strainer completely off the head to avoid any strainer buzz.
- To give drummers even more control over their sound, DW created its patented True-Pitch® rod system. The rods feature 5mm threads rather than the 12/24 that's standard on most other drums. To compare, there is 1 thread every 0.8mm on our True-Pitch® rods (about 20% more threads), versus 1 thread every 1.05mm on most other drums. The result is a more exacting tuning process.
- Design Series resonant floor tom legs are 1/2in diameter, 21in length and fabricated in chrome-plated steel.
- The Frequent Flyer has some unique features to the Design Series to keep it lightweight and ideal for gigging;
- -low-mass spurs and lightweight ratchet bass drum mount
- -11x14in floor tom with aluminum legs
- -traditional 8x12in rack tom with STM
- -matching 5x14in snare drum
- The kit also comes standard with:
- -True-Pitch tension rods
- -MAG throw-off
- -True-Tone snare wires
- -DW Heads by Remo.