DW Design Series Frequent Flyer Shell Pack,Tobacco Burst Lacquer
DW Design Series Frequent Flyer Shell Pack Product Overview by GAK
As is the case with all Design Series drums, the shells consist solely of North American maple wood and the DW Design series is no different.
A small and friendly kit perfect for travelling, but also with a great sound to boot.
The kit includes; a 20x12" bass drum, a 14x11" floor tom, a traditional 12x8" rack tom with STM, and a matching 14x5" snare drum.
DW Product Overview
What if there was a travel kit that didn't sound like a travel kit?" What if that kit was just small enough to be travel-friendly, but also substantial enough to sound like a 'real' drum set should?
After, literally, years of R&D and discussion, the sizes were agreed upon: a 20x12" bass drum with low-mass spurs and lightweight ratchet bass drum mount, an 14x11" floor tom, a traditional 12x8" rack tom with STM, and a matching 14x5" snare drum.
The kit also comes standard with True-Pitch tension rods, MAG throw-off, True-Tone™ snare wires, and DW Heads by Remo.
The kit is offered in all 4 Design Series finishes: Cherry Stain, Tobacco Burst, Gloss White, and Black Satin.
Please note: hardware stands and cymbals not included. Image for illustrative purposes only to give an idea of finish.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- 12x8in Rack Tom (includes STM mount)
- 14x11in Floor Tom (includes legs)
- 20x12 in Bass Drum (includes BDM mount)
- 14x5in Snare Drum
- Good and the DW Custom Shell Shop in California bring you HVLT, the same technology that is standard on our latest Collector's Series Cherry drums. HVLT grain orientation and slightly thicker 1/32in plies of North American maple are a potent combination that delivers a full tonal spectrum, attack, punch, and sonic versatility. Design Series shells are tailored for just about every style of music.
- Design Series are available exclusively with Chrome Standard Triple Flange Hoops to give your drums a great versatile sound. Steel Triple Flange Hoops come in graduated weights (1.6mm for 8 & 10in toms, 2.3mm for 12-18in toms and snare).
- Design Series comes with the MAG throw-off finished in Chrome. A purposefully simple design, the MAG (U.S. Patent No. 7,902,444) is a workhorse drop throw-off with horizontal tension adjustment and smooth, easy-adjust action. It gets its name from a clever magnet that's integrated into the body of the throw-off. When the handle is in the up position, it won't release without a slight tug. When it does release it throws the strainer completely off the head to avoid any strainer buzz.
- To give drummers even more control over their sound, DW created its patented True-Pitch® rod system. The rods feature 5mm threads rather than the 12/24 that's standard on most other drums. To compare, there is 1 thread every 0.8mm on our True-Pitch® rods (about 20% more threads), versus 1 thread every 1.05mm on most other drums. The result is a more exacting tuning process.