DW Design Series Frequent Flyer Shell Pack (Tobacco Burst Lacquer)
DW Design Series Frequent Flyer Shell Pack Product Overview by GAK
As is the case with all Design Series drums, the shells consist solely of North American maple wood and the DW Design series is no different.
A small and friendly kit perfect for travelling, but also with a great sound to boot.
The kit includes; a 12x20" bass drum, a 11x14" floor tom, a traditional 8x12" rack tom with STM, and a matching 5x14" snare drum.
DW Product Overview
What if there was a travel kit that didn't sound like a travel kit?" What if that kit was just small enough to be travel-friendly, but also substantial enough to sound like a 'real' drum set should?
After, literally, years of R&D and discussion, the sizes were agreed upon: a 12x20" bass drum with low-mass spurs and lightweight ratchet bass drum mount, an 11x14" floor tom, a traditional 8x12" rack tom with STM, and a matching 5x14" snare drum.
The kit also comes standard with True-Pitch tension rods, MAG throw-off, True-Tone™ snare wires, and DW Heads by Remo.
The kit is offered in all 4 Design Series finishes: Cherry Stain, Tobacco Burst, Gloss White, and Black Satin.
Please note: hardware stands and cymbals not included. Image for illustrative purposes only to give an idea of finish.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- 1x 8x12in Rack Tom (includes STM mount)
- 1x 11x14in Floor Tom (includes legs)
- 1x 12x20in Bass Drum (includes BDM mount)
- 1x 5x14in Snare Drum
- Good and the DW Custom Shell Shop in California bring you HVLT, the same technology that is standard on our latest Collector's Series Cherry drums. HVLT grain orientation and slightly thicker 1/32in plies of North American maple are a potent combination that delivers a full tonal spectrum, attack, punch, and sonic versatility. Design Series shells are tailored for just about every style of music.
- Design Series 8in toms feature a 7-ply HVLT construction, while the snares feature 10-ply HVX, and the 10-18in, along with all bass drums, feature 8-ply HVLT construction.
- DW Design Series Frequent Flyer drums are offered in two classic finishes:
- -White Onyx FinishPly
- -Tobacco Burst (UV-Gloss Lacquer)
- <span style="font-size: 80%;">
- Images appearing herein are examples and may only approximate the appearance of an actual product.
- Due to the nature of wood as a unique and organic material, imperfections or variations in wood grain or color will vary.
- Computer monitors vary in their display of colors and details and may only approximate the appearance of an actual product.
- Design Series are available exclusively with Chrome Standard Triple Flange Hoops to give your drums a great versatile sound. Steel Triple Flange Hoops come in graduated weights (1.6mm for 8 & 10in toms, 2.3mm for 12-18in toms and snare).
- DW's patented STM (suspension tom mount) system allows drums to vibrate freely, allowing maximum resonance while securely holding the drum in place. Because there are no washers or grommets inhibiting the lug rod receiver, choking is reduced and tuning is as easy as ever. (U.S. Patent #5520083)
- Design Series comes with the MAG throw-off finished in Chrome. A purposefully simple design, the MAG (U.S. Patent No. 7,902,444) is a workhorse drop throw-off with horizontal tension adjustment and smooth, easy-adjust action. It gets its name from a clever magnet that's integrated into the body of the throw-off. When the handle is in the up position, it won't release without a slight tug. When it does release it throws the strainer completely off the head to avoid any strainer buzz.
- To give drummers even more control over their sound, DW created its patented True-Pitch® rod system. The rods feature 5mm threads rather than the 12/24 that's standard on most other drums. To compare, there is 1 thread every 0.8mm on our True-Pitch® rods (about 20% more threads), versus 1 thread every 1.05mm on most other drums. The result is a more exacting tuning process.
- Design Series resonant floor tom legs are 1/2in diameter, 21in length and fabricated in chrome-plated steel.
- The Frequent Flyer has some unique features to the Design Series to keep it lightweight and ideal for gigging;
- -low-mass spurs and lightweight ratchet bass drum mount
- -11x14in floor tom with aluminum legs
- -traditional 8x12in rack tom with STM
- -matching 5x14in snare drum
- The kit also comes standard with:
- -True-Pitch tension rods
- -MAG throw-off
- -True-Tone snare wires
- -DW Heads by Remo.