Electro-Harmonix Battalion Bass Preamp DI Pedal
The Electro Harmonix Battalion Bass Preamp and DI is a compact, flexible pedal that delivers powerful tone shaping capabilities in a rugged pedalboard-friendly package. The Battalion is loaded with features that will appeal to tone conscious bass players and includes a four-band equalizer, fully-featured MOSFET distortion section with three signal path options, a compressor, a noise gate and comprehensive I/O.
- Four-band EQ tailored specifically for bass guitar. Includes controls for Bass (below 200Hz), Lo Mid (boost/cut at 280Hz Mid (boost/cut at 750Hz) and Treble (boost/cut above 2kHz)
- The Battalion’s distortion section delivers an awesome array of distorted bass sounds.
- Distortion section features Level, Blend, Drive and Tone controls plus a dedicated footswitch
- Three signal flow modes yield unique tonal variations. Pre EQ, distortion comes before EQ. Post EQ, distortion comes after EQ and Dry EQ, only the dry signal mixed in with the Blend control is affected by the EQ
- Compressor with dedicated pushbutton, amount control and LED adds thump and sustain to your bass sound
- Noise Gate with adjustable threshold control eliminates noise and hum while preserving your attack and original tone
- Flexible I/O allows the Battalion to fit perfectly in any bass rig or application
- ¼-inch input jack includes switchable 10dB pad
- Includes a headphone ready ¼-inch output jack plus a hardwired ¼-inch dry output jack
- Balanced XLR output for use as a DI. The DI features dedicated level, bypass and ground lift controls
- The Battalion features all-analog circuitry and comes with an EHX9.6DC-200mA AC adapter
The Battalion is great. Spent a long time trying to find the best distorted signal for my playing and finally found the right thing for me. Has plenty of options and a variety of other really useful features. The noise gate, although simple and the envelope being a bit too long is still really useful for it's intention. The Compressor is again basic but works as intended and gives the sound way more punch. The EQ is true and allows for a greater deal of control over the signal. It's just brilliant overall, feels sturdy and can imagine using it for a very long time!
A really comprehensive, user friendly pedal.
I've spent years, flipping years searching for the right sound from my bass. This thing adds deep bass that moves lots of air, adds just the amount of drive you want to add alongside your clean signal and along with the EQ on your guitar or amp is all I've ever wanted. I use a Status Bass played through a Behringer Chorus (cheap but amazing) into a TC Eletrronic Compressor (the little one that lets you set it up via your mobile) into a Boss Bass enhancer (don't ever be without one of these) and into the Battalion which is then just tweeking but on a different level - so superb. Best pedal I've ever bought.
After a bit of experimentation I'm now really pleased with this. The eq is good and the compressor works well. It has all the features you need, although I don't use the distortion. I would have preffered to have dropped this feature and had a send/return between the compressor and the pre-amp to allow me to insert my Octaver.