Electro-Harmonix Mel 9 Tape Replay Machine Pedal
Electro Harmonix Mel 9 Tape Replay Machine Pedal Product Overview by GAK
The Electro Harmonix MEL9 Tape Replay Machine transforms your instrument, emulating some of the coolest sounds of vintage tape-based keyboards. The nine famous included sounds feature Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir.
The versatile MEL9 has been designed to work guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs! It also works with bass guitar down to the open A string and keyboards, too.
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron® sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down to the open A string as well as keyboards within the limits of its polyphony (5 notes) and range A1 to A5)
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)
Excellent pedal with great features, really adds to your sound whether live or recordings. Would be 5 stars but the brass instrument effects are not really much different from the others and not realistic.
I have used it a few times now and I think that the most important thing was getting the right balance between the guitar sound and the effect, I was never really convinced by the pure effect sound but it gives more tonal options which is always a good thing.
works great with keys
Uh. Maze. Ing.