Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12 Dual Stereo Reverb Pedal
The Electro-Harmonix Oceans 12 features two simultaneous, independent, stereo reverb engines, series and parallel control for the dual reverbs, 24 presets and advanced I/O allowing for stereo in/out, splitting reverbs to left and right channels, or mono send/return with pre and post reverb options. The pedal also includes a new Tide Control for stereo image alteration, a Lo-fi Control, an infinite attenuation control, an input jack for external expression and footswitch control plus a lot more.
- ROOM – two modes: reverb algorithms modeled after a lively room and a spacious performance hall
- SPRING – two modes: vintage 1962 Fender® 6G15 tube reverb emulation and the spring algorithm from the EHX Holy Grail
- PLATE – two modes: two emulations of the smooth, metal plate reverb often used in high-end recording studios during the 1960s and '70s
- REVERSE – two modes: a reverse reverb effect as well as true reversed echoes
- ECHO - three modes: a digital delay with various echo rhythms feeding into a plate reverb
- TREM – three modes: a classic, periodic volume envelope with various shapes applied to both the wet and dry mix of a hall reverb
- MOD – three modes: combinations of chorus and flange reverbs that create rich reverb tails
- DYNA – three dynamic, experimental reverb algorithms: swell, gate and duck
- AUTO-INF – three modes: auto-infinite reverb (w/optional chorus or flange) that "listens" to your playing and crossfades to a new reverb wash upon detection of newly struck notes
- SHIMMER – two modes: two configurations of a rich octave-shifted reverb wash
- POLYPHONIC – two modes: two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts that add dimensionality to the reverb tail
- RESONANT – two modes: reverb excited by tunable resonators and configurable self-oscillating filters on the reverb tail
Wonderful reverb, worth the plate alone but there is so much more. Hours of fun but very easy to just dial in the perfect reverb too. Makes my Memory Boy delay sound better as well, the repeats sit above the reverb and are not mushed into it which my old pedal used to do. Worth every penny!!
Great little unit, but you need to spend some time to learn about everything this pedal can deliver.
Brilliant reverb pedal, and given the option to run the reverbs in series or in parallel there are a huge number of possibilities that will keep your imagination going for years