Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe, Midnight Sapphire
The Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe marks the long awaited return of a '90s classic. A guitar that's both long been a fan favourite, as well as a favourite of all dedicated tone-hounds that knew of their existence. And now a new generation of players get to experience the Blueshawk's attributes.
With the upper bout curve and cutaway of a Les Paul, but the semi-acoustic body and small f-holes of an archtop the Blueshawk Deluxe is a seriously versatile instrument. And with its unique body shape, it's a seriously noticeable guitar too. Unlike the original Gibson the Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe features two new P-90 PRO pickups wired through a 6-position Rotary VariTone. The Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe has Mahogany body with a contoured back and Maple top with AAA Flame Maple Veneer. The neck has the classic Epiphone SlimTaper-D profile. And, unusually for a Gibson electric, the Blueshawk has a 25.5" scale length, adding a bit of tension to the strings, should you fancy down-tuning.
The new P-90 PROs come from the same series as Epiphone's acclaimed ProBuckers, and both of these pick-ups feature the same old style construction like bobbins manufactured to historic dimensions, Elektrisola magnet wire, sand cast Alnico V magnets, and pole shoes manufactured using correct alloys to original classic Gibson dimensions, for those of you that pay attention to such deep details, or you sticklers to detail, the new Epiphone P-90 PROs have the tin plated brass base plates, just like those used in the 50s and 60s.
Altogether these old-time specs combine to give you a boutique sound. Albeit a boutique sound that anyone can afford. On the newer side of things there's even an unseen hum-cancelling dummy coil mounted inside the body between the pickups, to provide hum-cancelling, and like the classic Blueshawk the pick-ups are switched with 3-position pickup selector slide. Plus there's the 6-position Rotary VariTone that widens up your tonal palette even further. Check the video above if you want a full explanation of this amazing switch!
The Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe is a versatile tonal beast!
Call GAK now for Epiphone advice and info along with the UK's best guitar deals - 01273 665400
- Body: Mahogany with contoured back
- Top: Maple with AAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™ ; D-shaped
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid "Diamond" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone P-90T PRO™ Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: Hum-cancelling "dummy" coil mounting between pickups inside body
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone P-90R PRO™ Single Coil
- -Master Volume
- -Master Tone with Push/Pull VariTone™ True Bypass
- -3-way Pickup Selector Slider
- -6-position Rotary VariTone™
- - Position-1: No Effect
- - Position-2: -5dB at 1875Hz
- - Position-3: -6dB at 1090Hz
- - Position-4: -7dB at 650Hz
- - Position-5: -10dB at 350Hz
- - Position-6: -14dB at 130Hz
- Bridge: Nighthawk fully-adjustable; String-Thru body
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Binding: Body and Fingerboard
- Machine Heads: Epiphone "Deluxe" 18:1 Ratio
- Includes: User's Manual, Truss Rod Wrench, Epiphone Poster, Epiphone Bumper Sticker