Epiphone Casino Coupe, Vintage Sunburst
The Epiphone Casino Coupe is the legendary Casino, reborn. Taking the way the 339 combined a 335 and a Les Paul, the Coupe is a slick, small bodied Casino equivalent.
It's a Les Paul sized hollowbody that's sure to prove a favourite with tone connoisseurs everywhere. This is a guitar that gives you a smaller sized arch-top, without giving you a a smaller sounding archtop. The Casino Coupe features the familiar Casino styling and shape, albeit with some different proportions. Made from 5-layer laminated Maple the body has single layer ivory binding on the top and back.
The Mahogany neck is cut to Epiphone supremely playable SlimTaper profile which is patterned after prime vintage models. Its comfortable for hours of play and for smooth transitions between rhythm and lead.
Just like a regular Casino the heart of the Coupe is the pair of "dogear" P-90s. With its rounded tone the P-90 is a great all-purpose pickup that suits the coupe perfectly.
The Epiphone Casino Coupe adds another, versatile option to your arsenal if you love semi-acoustic tone, but struggle with the bigger bodies, or just want something that feels like less of a transition from you regular electric.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the UK's best deals - 01273 665400
- Body: Laminated Maple 5-layer
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Set-neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Parallelogram Pearloid inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone P90R
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone P90T
- -Neck volume
- -Neck Tone
- -Bridge Volume
- -Bridge Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Nut: Imitation Bone
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Headstock Logo: Vintage Epiphone in Pearloid
- Machine Heads: "Deluxe" with small metal buttons 14:1 ratio
- Knobs: Top Hat with metal inserts and pointers
- Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with 14 degree angle
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Coupe Trapeze
- Sound Hole Label: 1960s style orange oval
- Pickguard: PVC white and black 3-layer
- Pickguard Logo: Historic metal "E"
- Output: ¼" Epiphone Heady Duty non-rotating
Looks great, sounds great and really nice guitar to play. Size was a real selling point, and is just right for me as I also have a Telecaster and a Les Paul.
The dogs blx. I'd previously bought an epiphone SG Pro and I was stunned by the build quality and tones. The Coupe is no exception. It's light, it sounds great either playing jazz or balls out rock. I thought the hollow body would be a problem from a feedback point of view but having sat playing the Coupe on my Marshall bluesbreakerwith all the knobs on 11 I had no problem other than ringing in my ears for a bit. If you are looking for a versatile guitar that looks a bit different and doesn't take up too much armpit real estate you need one of these. Buy it from GAK and talk to Mike.