Epiphone Coronet, Ebony
The Epiphone Coronet is an entry-level guitar, first produced in 1959. This latest reissue has many features of the original models, including the classic symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body, which gives you easier access to the higher frets, and an Epiphone PRO P-90 Dogear pickup in the bridge position.
The Epiphone Coronet has a mahogany neck with medium C shape profile and an Indian laurel fretboard, with 22 medium jumbo frets, making it more comfortable to play for beginners. It also has ivory button tuners, which beautifully complement the reduced-sized Kalamazoo black headstock with Epiphone Bikini-shaped badge.
The Epiphone Coronet has a white butterfly-shaped pickguard with a foil ‘E’ logo between the pickup and neck. There’s one volume and one tone control knob, along with an Epiphone Lightning Bar compensated wraparound bridge. ‘Compensated’ means you get better intonation for each string, as it transfers the string vibration to the body more efficiently. ‘Wraparound’ is where you pass the strings through the bridge, away from the neck, then wrap the strings back over the top of the bridge before pulling them up the neck as normal. These types of bridges were used before the development of the more traditional Tune-O-Matic style bridges.
The Epiphone Coronet fits perfectly into the Epiphone Premium Solidbody Electric Guitar Gigbag (sold separately).
First introduced in 1959, the Epiphone Coronet was one of Epiphone’s first and most successful original solid body electric guitar designs. The latest version brings back many of the features of the earliest Coronet models including the symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body with single Epiphone PRO P-90 Dogear pickup, three on a side reduced sized Kalamazoo headstock with Epiphone Bikini badge and ivory button tuning machines, and a white butterfly pickguard with foil E logo. The Epiphone Coronet comes equipped with a glued-in mahogany neck with a medium C profile, Indian laurel fretboard with 12" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets, 1 volume and 1 tone control with CTS potentiometers, and an Epiphone Lightning Bar compensated wraparound bridge.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Medium C
- Scale Length 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12.01"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width 1.693"
- Inlays Dot
- Joint Glued in
- Body Shape Symmetrical Epiphone Wilshire
- Body Material Mahogany
- Finish Gloss
- Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge Lightning Bar compensated wrap around
- Tuning Machines 3 on a Plate with Ivory Buttons and Press In Bushings
- Pickguard White Butterfly Pickguard with Foil E Logo
- TrussRod Dual Action
- Control Knobs Black Top Hats with nickel inserts
- Plastic Parts Black; PVC
- Control Covers Black; PVC
- Strap Buttons 2 - bottom and below heel on body
- Pickup Covers Black Dogear P-90
- Bridge Pickup Epiphone P-90 PRO Dogear
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Optional: EpiLite Case (711106481579), Hardshell Case (711106261447), Gig Bag (711106261980)