Epiphone EJ-200SCE Jumbo Acoustic, Vintage Sunburst
The Epiphone EJ-200SCE pushes the original "King of the Flat Tops" into new territory. Essentially, the EJ-200SCE is an EJ-200 Cutaway Electro with a Fishman preamp. With its large cutaway for total upper fret access you can still get to the dusty end of the fingerboard, despite the EJ-200's huge body size. Gibson originally introduced the J-200 back in '37, when it set a standard for guitar excellence. Bigger and louder than anything that had come before, the J-200 meant guitarists in the orchestras of the time could be adequately heard.
As well being loud, the J-200 shape became equally known for its look and focused tone. When first introduced, it immediately filled a need for a deeper, more balanced and powerful acoustic instrument that could project itself, prior to widespread electrification. Since then it's continued to fill the needs and desires of guitarists that long for its unique voice.
A massive list of rhythm guitarists and singers from the last 60-70 years have made the J-200 their primary instrument on stage (and the odd LP Sleeve too). Some of these include greats like Don Everly, Bob Dylan, Robbie Robertson, Emmylou Harris, Elvis Presley, Gram Parsons, Buddy Holly, and Pete Townshend.
The Epiphone EJ-200SCE gives you the core of such an iconic and historic guitar, but without the price tag of an original. Plus, it even adds a modern pickup preamp meaning you can keep up with modern technology in times when its massive voice isn't quite enough. Making you heard anywhere.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info and advice and the best Epiphone deals - 01273 665400
- Body Material Select Maple
- Top Solid Spruce
- Back Select Maple
- Side Select Maple
- Binding Headstock = 1-layer
- Material Hard Maple
- Profile 1960's SlimTaper D-shape
- Scale Length 25.5" / 647.7mm
- Fingerboard Material Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 20
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material PVC
- Nut Width 1.68" / 42.67mm
- Inlays Pearloid "Crown" inlays
- Joint Glued-In, Set Neck
- Finish Gold
- Bridge Pau Ferro; Classic "Moustache" shape
- Tuning Machines Grover Rotomatic; 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard Imitation Tortoise with Iconic J-200 Graphics
- TrussRod 2-way; Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover 2-Layer; (B/W); With "EJ" in Silkprint
- Under Saddle Pickup Fishman Sonicore
- Controls Fishman Presys with Volume control, Phase and Contour switches, and a built-in tuner with LED display
- Output Jack 1/4"
- Preamp Fishman Presys
- Strings .012 .016 .024 .032 .042 .053
Great sounding guitar. High action and need stronger fingers to play it for long periods. Will use it selectively when gigging.
I'm very pleased with the guitar, it was exactly as advertised.
Awesome sound and quality !
Great sounds and great action. Why pay £4K for the Gibson version!
5 stars This place doesn’t muck about Good times