Epiphone EL-00 PRO, Vintage Sunburst
The Epiphone EL-00 PRO s a direct descendent of Epiphone's original line of flattops. You'd have to go quite a far back to find the original however.
Back in the 1930s - the 'golden age' of acoustics - the smaller "parlour" guitars - more recently referred to as "blues boxes", due to their association with the eras bluesmen - were the mainstay of the guitar world. These guitars were famed for their compressed, woody tones, their slightly shorter scales. Things that make them ideal for fingerpicking or the bark of a bottle neck slide.
To bring this smaller shape up-to-date the EL-00 PRO features the Fishman Sonitone soundhole preamp and Fishman Sonicore pickup. You can now plug the EL-00 PRO into any acoustic amps and be heard on any size stage. And with first class Fishman engineered tone.
In terms of specs the Epiphone EL-00 PRO features a solid spruce top with 3-ply black and white binding. The more you play a solid top, the better it sounds, one of the reasons vintage acoustics are so sought after. The back and sides are made of select mahogany with single ply white binding around the back. Mahogany and spruce are a classic combination, giving you warmth and brilliance and a bigger sound than you might expect from such small body. The smaller body is 15.5" wide at lower bout and gives the EL-00 a distinctive voice which is more focused than a dreadnought, making it perfect for singing over and a great fit for acoustic soloists. Another modern feature is the compensated imitation bone saddle. The mahogany neck has a SlimTaper "D" profile with a 1.68" nut and is set into the body with a hand-fitted dovetail neck joint premium Titebond glue. The 12" radius is another hat-tip easy playing modernity.
The Epiphone EL-00 PRO Acoustic/Electric features Epiphone's no-nonsense quality, including nickel hardware, strap buttons, a 1/4" endpin, Grover 14:1 machine heads with mini-buttons, and D'Addario Phosphor (12-53) strings.
Call GAK now for Epiphone info, advice and the best deals on guitars, amps, and effects - 01273 665400
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Body Material: Select Mahogany
- Neck Material: Select Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper™; D profile
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Frets: 19; medium
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Joint Glued-In; Dovetail
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material:
- -Rosewood with pearloid Dot inlays
- -Binding Fingerboard - 1 ply (black)
- -Headstock - None
- -Body Top - 3-ply (white/black)
- -Body Back - 1 ply (white)
- Bridge: Rosewood; Straight
- Saddle: Compensated; Imitation Bone
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with vintage metal "E"
- Machine Heads: Grover™ with mini-buttons; 14:1
- Electronics: Fishman™ Sonitone™ sound-hole preamp
- -Master Volume
- -Master Tone
- Power: One - 9V battery
- Pickup: Fishman™ Sonicore™ (under saddle)
- Output Jack: Endpin
- Strap Buttons: Yes. Pre-installed
- Hardware: Nickel
- String: D'Addario Phosphor Bronze (12-53)
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year