Epiphone Elitist 1965 Casino (Vintage Sunburst)
In 1964, The Beatles go Epi when George Harrison, John Lennon and Paul McCartney buy Epiphone Casinos (the Epiphone Casino is mostly associated with John Lennon). Paul uses his for the guitar solos on "Ticket To Ride." George's Casino, the only one of the three equipped with a Bigsby vibrato, plays the major-scale runs in "Hello Goodbye." All three Casinos are used on "All You Need Is Love."
The Epiphone Elitist '65 Casino, with its clarity and high level of responsiveness, will satisfy precision players who demand well-defined low and high tones. Designed for the professional musician, the Elitist '65 Casino from Epiphone combines over 125 years of instrument building experience and expertise with the finest materials. The result is an instrument of impeccable quality and beauty.
At the heart of every great instrument is the wood itself. That's why every piece of wood used in the Elitist '65 Casino line is hand-selected. It is then slowly and painstakingly dried to perfection in custom kilns until it is at the ideal moisture content. The Elitist '65 Casino features 5-ply maple top, back, and sides.
All Elitist necks are cut at a 14-¦ grain orientation from one piece of wood for optimum strength, stability and tonal response. As with all great instruments, the necks are then carefully and individually fitted to the body using a hand-glued, dovetail neck joint. The Elitist '65 Casino has a 22 fret, 1-piece mahogany set neck with an rosewood fingerboard, which imparts a warm midrange sound.
All Elitist instruments are equipped with custom-wound pickups "Made in the USA" exclusively for Epiphone by Gibson Musical Instruments and feature such uncompromising features as:
- High Quality Cover Materials - All pickup covers use quality German silver with vintage Nickel or real 24K Gold finish.
- Vintage Braided, Shielded Wire - For authentic vintage look and tone with no noise.
- Full Wax Potting - Every pickup is potted in a special wax bath to insure that microphonic feedback due to internal vibration is eliminated. All covered models receive a second wax bath to further protect the pickup.
- Specially Made Magnets - All magnets are magnetized by Gibson to ensure the total reliability of each magnet's performance. Critical magnetic flux is maintained for the perfect combination of output without sacrificing tonal characteristics.
All Elitist instruments feature the finest hardware including precision Grover machine heads for precise tuning accuracy and stability. The Epiphone Elitist '65 Casino's appointments are nothing but the finest including real abalone and pearl inlays, bone nuts and saddles, hand-rubbed finishes, USA strings, and goes through a meticulous adjustment and set-up.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Body Wood: 5-ply maple back and sides
- Top Wood: 5-ply maple
- Neck Wood: 1-piece mahogany
- Neck Profile: Joint set, 16th fret, 1-11/16" bone nut
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale length: 24 3/4"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Pickups: 2 EP90 (Made by Gibson USA)
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-way selector
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover
- Case: Fitted Deluxe Hardshell